- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Tata Motors has just inaugurated its state-of-the-art 'Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center' at the Engineering Research Center at Pune, India. The company says that the center will cater for engineering, developing and testing new-age powertrain solutions.
The powertrain solutions will be featured in the company's products across the passenger vehicle, commercial vehicle, and electric vehicle verticals. The new facility will focus on the development of BS-VI Phase 1 & Phase 2engines, Real Driving Emissions, CAFE II, Hybrids, Electrification, and BS-VII compliance.
Mr. Guenter Butschek, the Chief Executive Officer, and the Managing Director at Tata Motors said, "We at Tata Motors have been consistently gearing up for the future through strategic investments in our product development and engineering capabilities. I am delighted to witness our new 'Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center in Pune' go live, which was established in a record time of 15 months."
"This facility will act as a hub to develop class-leading powertrain solutions for our vast product portfolio across ICE and Electric. This technical center reiterates our commitment to offer our customers a wide range of clean, sustainable technologies, thus meeting their aspirations," he added.
Mr. Rajendra Petkar the President & CTO, Tata Motors Ltd. said that it was a proud moment for the company to have a world-class Power Systems Engineering Tech Centre in Pune. He also said that this would help offer powertrain solutions across multiple segments under one roof.
Loaded with future-ready design elements, this facility will allow for Tata Motors to offer tech-heavy products to the customers. The company also feels that this facility will help in the long run to support the company's customer-oriented agenda.
Tata's all new facility is spread over 12,000 square-meters and is equipped to develop, calibrate, and type-approve requirements for light and heavy-duty powertrains. The facility will also be used to test range, power, and durability of the company's electric vehicles.
With the addition of this new Advance Power Systems Engineering Tech Center, Tata Motors now has state-of-the-art research and development facilities and design centers in India, South Korea, Italy and the United Kingdom.
Thoughts About The Additional Facility
We think Tata's new facility will concentrate heavily on the company's electric vehicle technology. There could be a possibility that the facility could also research and develop Lithium-ion batteries for the company.