- 22 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 3 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Technology OnePlus 7T Warp Charge 30T Offers 23% Faster Charging
- Movies 'Kudukku Pottiya' Emerges As A Huge Hit; Turns Out To Be The Next Jimikki Kammal Of Mollywood!
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RPSC junior legal officer recruitment 2019, 156 vacancies available
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Tata Motors has launched an electric sunroof as an accessory for the Harrier. The company offers a two year warranty with the product. It may be noted that the Harrier was launched without a sunroof — an accessory that is a rage the country.
*Image Courtesy: Webasto Sunroofs Chandigarh/Facebook
The company announced that the sunroof can be opted for by new buyers, and that existing owners could get the accessory fitted as well. The exact size of this electric sunroof has not been revealed, but the company did say that installing the sunroof would not affect vehicle warranty.
The sunroof will take a week to be fitted onto the Tata Harrier and can be fitted at Tata service centers. The new sunroof is being offered in order to keep up with rivals like the Hyundai Creta, the Kia Seltos, the Jeep Compass, and the MG Hector, all of which sport sunroofs.
Sunroofs are becoming a sought after feature across all segments, from budget and value cars to the largest SUVs. In light of this, Tata Motors decided to offer the sunroof as an accessory. The only other offering that features a sunroof is the Tata Hexa.
Tata Motors has offered the electric sunroof on the Harrier via (TMGA) Tata Motors Genuine Accessories. The Harrier's Electric Sunroof H-300 is manufactured and installed by Webasto, and comes with a two year warranty from the date of installation.
The company feels that the H-300 sunroof offers a fresh air experience and adds brightness to the cabin. The H-300 sunroof features a tinted protective Venus glass that deflects UV radiation and sun rays, regardless of the amount of natural light. They also feel that the new sunroof will be a sought after feature.
Thoughts About The Sunroof Tata Is Offering As An Add-On
We're not entirely sure why Tata decided to showcase an SUV with a sunroof and then retail the SUV without one. Tata has a lot of catching up to do. They're down to 700 units a months in sales since the MG Hector and the Kia Seltos launched. We think that the sunroof they're offering won't make much of a difference, but who knows!