- 21 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 23 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 24 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Jadeja hopes to get better wickets in tournament proper
- News Shaadi at gunpoint: Youth stalks Bhojpuri actress Ritu Singh, forcer her to marry
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Indian automotive giant Tata Motors is pushing forward with its electrification plans and plans to bring more EVs into the Indian car market. Now a new report by ET Auto has revealed that Tata's H2X micro SUV will join the electric revolution when it arrives early next decade.
The publication sat down with Guenter Butschek and the Managing Director of Tata Motors reiterated his company's plans to develop electric vehicle for India. Mr Butschek told ET Auto that Tata Motors ensured that both the Alpha and Omega architectures were future-proofed for electric vehicles. He also stated that the first two products based on the Alpha architecture will have EV options. The Managing Director of Tata Motors also revealed that the carmaker was working on longer range versions of the Tiago hatchback and the Tigor compact sedan.
The first vehicle to be based on the Alpha architecture is the Altroz and Tata Motors had revealed the electric version of the premium hatchback at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. Hpowever, the highlight of the car show in Switzerland for Tata Motors was the unveiling of the H2X concept micro SUV.
The Tata H2X concept will spawn a micro SUV challenger from Tata Motors to the Mahindra KUV100 and Maruti's Ignis crossover. When it does arrive, the H2X wll be the second electric vehicle in the segment as Mahindra is expected to launch the eKUV 100 EV in India later this year. There are currently no details about just when the electric version of the Tata H2X will enter production.
Before the arrival of the H2X electric micro SUV in India, Tata Motors is working on improving the range of its electric vehicles. Butschek told ET Auto that Tata Mtors was working on higher range versions of the Tiago hatchback and the Tigor compact sedan. The work into improving the eeficancy of both electric vehicles of the two compact cars is expected to result in a range of around 200–230 kilogrammes on a single charge.
The Tata Motors H2X is also expected to be launched with an internal combustion engine that is expected to be the BS-VI variant of the 1.2-litre petrol engine from the Tiago.