- 12 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- News Bank Jobs: Nainital Bank clerk vacancies announced; How to apply for 100 bank clerk jobs
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Tata H2X (Hornbill) micro-SUV concept unveiled at the ongoing 2019 Geneva Motor Show. Tata Motors had released a small teaser of their first micro-SUV, the H2X, ahead of their Geneva unveil. The Tata H2X micro-SUV is one among the four new models unveiled at the International Motor Show event.
The Tata H2X concept derives design inspiration from the H5X concept (Harrier SUV). The front-end of the H2X features LED DRLs with an arrow pattern. Other stand-out features on the concept include squared-off edges up-front and a more upright stance than the Nexon SUV.
The Tata H2X micro-SUV previews the production-spec Hornbill SUV for the Indian market. The Hornbill micro-SUV will be based on the ALFA platform, the same architecture used by the production-spec Altroz premium hatchback, which also made its debut, alongside the H2X.
However, the micro-SUV concept will come with a wheelbase 50mm shorter than the premium hatchback. The production-spec version of the H2X concept once introduced in the market will be positioned below the Nexon in the brand's Indian lineup.
The Hornbill concept will also be part of Tata Motor's latest 'Impact 2.0' design language. This new design language was first seen on the Harrier, which will be carried forward by the Altroz and the Buzzard (seven-seater SUV).
In terms of mechanicals, the Tata Hornbill or the H2X concept is expected to make use of the same petrol and diesel engine options as seen on the Nexon SUV. This will be in the form of Tata's 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron petrol and 1.05-litre three-cylinder Revotorq diesel units. Power figures for the Hornbill are yet to be announced. The engines are expected to be mated to the same manual transmission as seen on the Nexon SUV.
Currently, no other details regarding the Tata H2X have been revealed. The production-spec version of the H2X micro-SUV might be showcased in India, during the 2020 auto Expo.
Apart from the Tata H2X concept, the Indian carmaker also premiered three other models including the Buzzard (seven-seater SUV) concept, Altroz premium hatchback and the Altroz EV at the Geneva Motor Show.
Thoughts On The Tata H2X Micro-SUV Concept Unveil
The Tata H2X micro-SUV concept previews the upcoming Hornbill SUV from the brand. Tata might introduce the product in the market, sometime during the latter part of 2020 or early-2021. Once launched in India, the Tata Hornbill will directly rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100.