- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 6 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Amid political drama, Roshan Baig detained in IMA money laundering case
- Movies Happy Birthday Katrina Kaif: 5 Times The Diva Won Our Hearts With Her Take On Love & Relationships!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Motors is readying the launch of its all-new premium hatchback, the Altroz for the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the car has been spied testing in high-altitude conditions of Manali.
According to a video by Rushlane, the Tata Altroz can be seen completely camouflaged on the hilly streets in Manali. The video shows snow-capped mountains in the background with the Altroz said to be headed towards leh and ladakh regions.
The production-spec Altroz hatchback was first showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, held in March this year. The Tata Altroz will be the first product from the Indian manufacturer to feature the brand's latest 'ALFA' architecture.
The new 'ALFA' platform will also be the base for future small products from the brand, while the larger products will be based on the OMEGA platform. This 'OMEGA' architecture was first seen on the recently introduced Harrier SUV. The Tata Altroz will also be the second product from the company to feature the 'Impact 2.0' design language; first seen on the five-seater Harrier SUV.
The Tata Altroz will come with a host of features and safety equipment. This includes ABS with EBD, airbags, high speed warning, seat-belt reminder and reverse parking sensors. The new hatchback will also be compliant with all the latest crash test norms to be introduced in the country from October 2019.
The Tata Altroz is said to come powered by a three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol, 1.5-litre turbo petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. Both the 1.5-litre engines are said to have been borrowed from the Nexon, while the 1.2-litre unit is from the Tiago.
Apart from the conventional-powered Altroz hatchback, Tata Motors is also working on an EV version of the same. The concept form of the Altroz EV was also showcased alongside the standard hatchback model at Geneva Motor Show.
Thoughts On Tata Altroz Spied Testing
Tata Motors is working towards introducing its all-new product in the Indian market. ALthough prices for the hatchback are yet to be revealed, we do expect Tata to price the Altroz in the same range as some of its competitors. This includes the Maruti Baleno, Honda Jazz and Hyundai Elite i20 in the Indian market.