- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News BJP leader Smriti Irani’s close aide Surendra Singh shot dead in Amethi
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors is readying the launch of its all-new premium hatchback, the Altroz for the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the car has been spied testing in high-altitude conditions of Manali.
According to a video by Rushlane, the Tata Altroz can be seen completely camouflaged on the hilly streets in Manali. The video shows snow-capped mountains in the background with the Altroz said to be headed towards leh and ladakh regions.
The production-spec Altroz hatchback was first showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, held in March this year. The Tata Altroz will be the first product from the Indian manufacturer to feature the brand's latest 'ALFA' architecture.
The new 'ALFA' platform will also be the base for future small products from the brand, while the larger products will be based on the OMEGA platform. This 'OMEGA' architecture was first seen on the recently introduced Harrier SUV. The Tata Altroz will also be the second product from the company to feature the 'Impact 2.0' design language; first seen on the five-seater Harrier SUV.
The Tata Altroz will come with a host of features and safety equipment. This includes ABS with EBD, airbags, high speed warning, seat-belt reminder and reverse parking sensors. The new hatchback will also be compliant with all the latest crash test norms to be introduced in the country from October 2019.
The Tata Altroz is said to come powered by a three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol, 1.5-litre turbo petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. Both the 1.5-litre engines are said to have been borrowed from the Nexon, while the 1.2-litre unit is from the Tiago.
Apart from the conventional-powered Altroz hatchback, Tata Motors is also working on an EV version of the same. The concept form of the Altroz EV was also showcased alongside the standard hatchback model at Geneva Motor Show.
Thoughts On Tata Altroz Spied Testing
Tata Motors is working towards introducing its all-new product in the Indian market. ALthough prices for the hatchback are yet to be revealed, we do expect Tata to price the Altroz in the same range as some of its competitors. This includes the Maruti Baleno, Honda Jazz and Hyundai Elite i20 in the Indian market.