- 5 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Need to protect young WI talents from vultures of world cricket: Pollard
- Movies 11-Year Old Alia Bhatt Could Not Put Her Head On Ranbir Kapoor’s Shoulder Because She Was Shy!
- Technology Airtel Shuts Down Its 3G Services in Maharastra And Goa Circle
- Lifestyle British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- News Dec 14 ‘Bharat bachao rally’ is to protest the murder of democracy: UP Cong
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Tata Motors is readying itself to launch the much awaited Tata Altroz premium hatchback soon. While the hatchback was unveiled earlier at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, the company still has to show us what the India-spec hatchback looks like. In a latest teaser, the interiors of the Altroz have been revealed.
The India-spec Tata Altroz features a layered dashboard just like the one in the Tata Nexon. The lower part of the dash is finished in grey, and the upper part features a silver colour insert and a black finish.
The latest teaser also reveals that the Altroz will feature a Harrier-like semi-digital instrument cluster, a push button start, ambient lighting, automatic air conditioning, and a leather wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel with integrated controls for the music system and cruise control.
The India-spec Tata Altroz also features a free standing touchscreen infotainment system which looks like a 7-inch unit. We expect the infotainment system to be Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible. In order for easy ingress and egress, the front doors of the Altroz premium hatchback will open perpendicular to the vehicle.
The Altroz will be available with three engine options - a naturally aspirated petrol engine, and a pair of turbocharged petrol and diesel engines. We expect the 1.2-litre petrol and diesel engines that feature on the Tata Nexon to make their way to the Altroz, although with different states of tune.
Expectations are also that the naturally-aspirated 1.2-litre engine that features on the Tiago will be featured on the Altroz as well. The Tata Altroz is expected to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options at launch.
We expect Tata to launch the Altroz during the beginning of September and to coincide with the Diwali festivities this year. Bookings are expected to begin soon. We think the vehicle will be priced between Rs 5.5 lakh and Rs 8.5 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Once launched the Tata Altroz hatchback will compete with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Toyota Glanza, the Hyundai Elite i20, the Honda Jazz, and the Volkswagen Polo.
Thoughts About The Interiors Of The Tata Altroz
From what we see in the teaser, we think the interiors look welcoming. There is very little going on and the cabin looks clean and uncluttered - exactly how interiors of a passenger car should be. That said, we still have to wait till we're closer to launch to get a full perspective of the interiors and the cabin of the Altroz.