- 41 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- 3 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 5 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- Technology Swiggy, Zomato To Get New Competition From Amazon Food Delivery
- Movies Director Prem On Ek Love Ya: ‘The Story Is Inspired By A Real-Life Couple’
- News Donations above 20K: BJP received Rs 742 crore of total Rs 951 crore
- Finance Dividend On MFs Now Taxable: Where To Invest For Regular Income?
- Sports El Clasico: Real Madrid and Barcelona gear up to make history
- Lifestyle Athiya Shetty, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Radhika Apte, And Malaika Arora Have Gown Goals For Us
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Tata Altroz bookings now open in India. Tata Motors has officially started accepting pre-bookings for the upcoming premium hatchback in the Indian market. The company recently released a new teaser video confirming the start of bookings as well.
The Tata Altroz can be booked either online or through company dealerships across India. Booking amount for the premium hatchback starts from Rs 21,000. The Tata Altroz is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in January-2020.
The Tata Altroz is the brand's first premium hatchback in the Indian market. The Altroz is also the first model from the Indian car manufacturer to feature the all-new ‘ALFA' architecture, which is said to be lighter, stronger and have a lower centre of gravity than previous platforms. This allows the Tata Altroz to offer enhanced driving characteristics and handling.
The Altroz premium hatchback also features Tata Motors' latest ‘Impact 2.0' design language. This is the second model after the Harrier to receive the brand's new design philosophy. The Altroz comes with sharp lines, host of features and a long list of safety equipment as well.
The hatchback is also among the first products in the Indian market to offer 90-degree opening doors. Other features also include LED DRLs, LED taillights, 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, semi-digital instrument cluster, seven-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard and a host of others.
In terms of powertrain, the new Tata Altroz is said to be offered with a choice of two engines: 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron petrol and a 1.5-litre four-cylinder Revotorq diesel. The petrol unit produces 82bhp and 113Nm of peak torque while the diesel engine churns out 90bhp and 200Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual transmission. However, an automatic gearbox is scheduled to be introduced at a slightly later stage. We recently got a chance to test drive the all-new Tata Altroz premium hatchback and came out impressed — here are our detailed first drive impressions of the upcoming premium hatchback.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Bookings
The Tata Altroz is the first premium hatchback offering from the brand in the Indian market. The car offers a host of features, sporty styling and excellent drive and handling characteristics; making it an attractive offering in the segment.
Once launched the Tata Altroz will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza and the Hyundai Elite i20. Pricing for the Tata Altroz will be revealed at the time of launch, although we do expect it to be priced in the same range as its rivals.