- 18 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 20 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 21 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News It is a historic win says L K Advani
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Tata Altroz was spotted, yet again. This time around it was the base variant of the vehicle that was seen. We reported earlier, that the Tata Altroz was spied while in the middle of high altitude testing in the Himalayas.
According to CarWale, the test vehicle appears to be a lower-spec variant of the Altroz, and it features steel rims and narrow tyres (165mm probably) with tall sidewalls. The Altroz test mule is also minus LED tail lamps giving us more reason to believe that it was the base variant that was spotted.
The premium hatchback is the first Tata vehicle to be based on the ALFA architecture and the second car from the India based auto manufacturer to feature the IMPACT 2.0 design philosophy, after the Tata Harrier.
The Tata Altroz will be available in three different engine options. The first is a 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron petrol engine that produces 84bhp of power and 114Nm of torque. This engine will be available with the base variant. Top of the line models will feature petrol engines that produce 100bhp of maximum power and 140Nm of peak torque.
The diesel engine variant will feature a de-tuned 1.5-litre Revotorq engine that produces 90bhp of peak power. Both petrol engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and the diesel variant will be mate to a 6-speed automatic transmission. There are rumors of a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic in the works.
Tata Motors is expected to launch the Altroz in India in June 2019. Once launched, the Tata Altroz will compete against the Hyundai Elite i20, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.
While there is still no confirmation abut the price bracket of the Tata Altroz, we expect the vehicle to be priced between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Base Variant Of The Tata Altroz Being Spotted While Testing
Spy shots and spotting cars being tested is a common sight when a vehicle is near launch. We are waiting to get our hands on one of these three models so we can bring you more news and updates about the ride and 'feel' quality of the vehicle.