- 1 hr ago CFMoto 250SR Expected To Launch In India By 2020
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launch Live Updates: Price, Specifications, Features & Other Details
- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Ahead Of Launch Early Next Year
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Auto Conducts Free Service Camps In Flood Affected States
- Technology NASA Hubble Telescope Snaps Stunning Radiant Gaseous Orb Of An Aging Star
- Lifestyle Sadbhavana Diwas 2019: Pioneering Quotes of Rajiv Gandhi
- Movies Sudeep Says Pailwaan Is The Beginning Of Certain Changes In His Life! Hopes To Keep Up To It
- Finance SBI To Give Special Offers On Loans This Festive Season
- Sports Messi, Ibrahimovic nominated for FIFA goal of the year
- News Haryana Jobs: HSSC recruitment notification for 755 Haryana govt jobs out; When can you apply
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors has officially announced the name 'Altroz' for the production-spec 45X premium hatchback. The Tata Altroz will have its global debut at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show, starting from 5th March 2019.
The name Altroz, according to Tata Motors refers to "a seabird, which can soar over miles with minimal effort." This implies to the Albatros; keeping in line with their other product names, also inspired by birds.
The Tata Altroz will be the first product from the Indian carmaker to be part of the AlfaARC modular platform. It will also be the second product after the Tata Harrier to be part of the 'Impact 2.0' design language.
The production-spec prototype of the Tata Altroz has been spied on multiple occasions, over the course of the year. The concept form of the Tata Atlroz (the 45X) was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo; with the H5X (the concept for the Harrier).
The Tata Altroz is also expected to come with a host of features and equipment. The premium hatchback offering will borrow certain design cues, features and equipment from the Harrier SUV as well. Some of these features include the digital driver display, the large touchscreen infotainment system, supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as automatic climate control to name a few.
Other features included in the upcoming Tata Altroz: LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights, steering-mounted audio controls, push-button start/stop, keyless entry, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking camera/sensors and other standard safety features.
In terms of mechanicals, the Tata Altroz is expected to be powered by the same engine as seen on the Nexon. This includes 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel units. However, the Altroz might have a slightly detuned power output, which is yet to be confirmed.
Transmission options on the Tata Altroz include a standard six-speed manual gearbox. Tata Motors is yet to confirm whether the upcoming premium hatchback offering will be offered with an AMT automatic transmission.
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said, "We are extremely elated to announce the name of our upcoming model, which will redefine the premium hatchback segment for the industry. With superlative design elements and a versatile architecture, the Tata Altroz is the perfect amalgamation of futuristic design, advanced technology, class-leading connectivity, thrilling performance and smart packaging. We are excited to introduce this product to our customers and are gearing up for its commercial launch in mid-2019. With Turnaround 2.0 now in full swing, we aim to continue winning sustainably in the PV segment through such timely product interventions."
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Name For 45X Hatchback
The Tata Altroz name for the production-spec version of the 45X concept has been announced officially. The Tata Altroz premium hatchback is expected to be priced around the Rs 5.5 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the Tata altroz will rival the likes of the recently updated Maruti Baleno, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo and the Hyundai i20 Elite.