- 42 min ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- Sports Imran Khan promises to make Pakistan the best cricket team in the world
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Technology Vodafone Rs. 205, Rs. 225 Prepaid Plans Launched For Select Subscribers
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Movies This Video Of Salman Khan Dancing With His Mother To Sia's 'Cheap Thrills' Is Too Cute To Handle!
- News Chandrayaan-2 launch successful, 'Bahubali' GSLVMk-3 places payload in GTO precisely
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
The Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition has been unveiled in the Netherlands. The special edition is a tribute to the Suzuki Katana motorcycle and only 30 of these cars will be manufactured.
It is currently on sale only in the Dutch market and Suzuki hasn't revealed any plans to bring the special edition hot-hatchback to other markets. As mentioned earlier, the suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition pays tribute to the Suzuki Katana Motorcycle.
The Suzuki Katana might not be a well-known motorcycle among the general public in India because it was never sold in India in the first place. However, the Suzuki Katana is well-known in International markets and is revered among motorcycle enthusiast circles in India.
The Suzuki Katana originally debuted in 1981 and soon became a legend among motorcyclists. The motorcycle still remains iconic till this day even though production was stopped in 2006. Suzuki then resurrected the Katana brand in 2018 when it revealed the 2019 Suzuki Katana at INTERMOT 2018.
The 2019 Suzuki Katana is being sold in a few select markets, and now Suzuki cars has launched the Katana Edition of the Swift Sport to pay homage to the legendary motorcycle. The special edition will serve as a promotion for both the Swift and the Katana brands.
Katana stands for 'Sword' in Japanese, and the Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition certainly imbibes certain characteristics from the motorcycle that bears this name. The sporty hatchback features the same Metallic Silver paint job as the Suzuki Katana.
It comes with contrast red accents on the grille surrounds and black racing stripes on the bonnet. The side profile boasts of attractive graphics and blacked-out 17-inch O.Z alloy wheels. There is also an optional 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheel with a unique design. The hatchback also sports the Katana symbol on the front doors.
The skirting at the side and the rear bumper is decked in faux carbon fibre. The twin exhaust outlets popping out from the carbon fibre bumper makes the rear end of the car look fantastic. The changes are not just to the exterior but to the interior as well.
The steering wheel now boasts of the Katana badge and so do the seat covers. The seat covers also show-off the serial number of the car among the 30, further highlighting its exclusivity. The hot hatch now features a touchscreen infotainment system with navigation and reverse parking camera.
On the safety front, the Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition features ABS with EBD and brake assist, front and side airbags and even a tyre pressure monitoring system.
The Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition continues to be powered by the same 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine that powers the standard Swift Sport. It produces a maximum power output of 140bhp and a peak torque output of 230Nm. A six-speed gearbox does transmission duties.
For the Katana edition, Suzuki has meddled with the exhaust system, making the hatchback sound sportier than it already was. The suspension has also been lowered to make it handle better.
Thoughts On Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition Revealed
The Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition is currently sold only in the Netherlands, and based on response there, Suzuki will decide if it has to be sold in other European markets. The Suzuki Swift Sport has always been a sporty hatchbacks and the Indian market has been craving for it to be launched from a long time.
However, Maruti Suzuki has not brought the hot hatchback to the Indian market for unknown reasons. Since neither the Katana, nor the Swift Sport is on sale in India, we can give up all hopes of seeing the Suzuki Swift Sport Katana Edition here.