- 9 min ago Volvo More Than 5 lakh Cars Across The Globe As Risk Of Fire Has Been Detected
- 1 hr ago Hyundai India To Hike Prices Across Its Entire Range — Will Receive New Safety Regulations Update
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 17 hrs ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- News Steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal's brother held in Bosnia for suspected fraud
- Movies When Shahid Kapoor Felt DISRESPECTED As An Actor!
- Travel Monsoon-Perfect Beaches Other Than Goa
- Finance L&T Shares Dips 2 Per Cent Despite Good Results
- Sports Sourav Ganguly slams India team selection for the tour of West Indies
- Technology Honor 9X And 9X Pro Launched With Pop-Up Camera, Kirin 810, And More
- Lifestyle Malaria Parasites Become Resistant To Anti-malaria Drugs: Result Failure In Treatment
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
The Suzuki Jimny has won the 2019 World Urban Car Of The Year award. The awards for the best cars in the world under different categories were announced at the ongoing New York International Auto Show.
A total of five cars were enlisted for The World Urban Car Of The Year award and the top three were announced at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year. The top three cars were the new Hyundai Santro, the Kia Soul and Suzuki Jimny.
The Hyundai Santro was launched in the Indian market in October 2018. And it is produced at Hyundai India's plant and exported to international markets. It is a hatchback packed with features and built well and though it has top-notch features, it is still inexpensive and that is what makes it the most popular car among the three.
The Kia Soul on the other hand is a futuristic model and driven by electricity. The Kia Soul has made its mark in a few international markets, but is yet to arrive in India. Kia will first be launching the SP2i in India and then will come in with its other models. The Kia Soul too is on the list of cars being prepped for an India launch.
However, trumping the Hyundai Santro and the Kia Soul is the Suzuki Jimny. The Suzuki Jimny name has a lot of history to it. It is a venerable name in the off-road world, thanks to the previous-generation models. The second-generation Suzuki Jimny was known in the Indian market as the Maruti Suzuki Gypsy. To say that the Gypsy was a legendary car would be an understatement.
With such roots, and a more modern engine, the new modern Suzuki Jimny was expected to so well in international markets. However, it can safely be said that no one would have expected the Suzuki Jimny to take the 2019 World Urban Car Of The Year title.
The Suzuki Jimny is rugged and capable SUV with the ability to tame any terrain. It is extremely practical and simplistic and that is exactly what made it a hit with the masses. It is doing extremely well in the international market in terms of sales and in some countries, waiting periods for the Suzuki Jimny is still around the 6 months mark.
The Suzuki Jimny is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 100bhp and a peak torque output of 130Nm. All four wheels are driven via a wither a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 4-speed automatic. It was launched in the Japanese market on 05 July, 2018 and sales thereafter expanded to other international markets.
The SUV is one of the most awaited vehicles in the Indian market and there are reports that suggest Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Jimny in India. In the Indian market, the Suzuki Jimny is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 10-12 lakh, just right to compete with the Mahindra Thar.
Thoughts On Suzuki Jimny Wins 2019 World Urban Car Of The Year Award
The new Suzuki Jimny is one of the best vehicles that can be launched in India. It seems just perfect for Indian road conditions with its compact size and high ground clearance. Its powerful engine and better suspension also means that there is just enough power and handling for its buyers to have fun with.