- 6 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 22 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- News ‘Your arrangements will take care of all': Adar Poonawalla praises PM Modi’s vaccine vision
- Movies Poonam Pandey Reconciles With Husband Sam Bombay Amid Assault Allegations
- Sports East Bengal to make ISL debut in 2020
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Maruti Suzuki has reportedly confirmed the arrival of the globally-acclaimed Jimny mini-SUV for the Indian market. According to carandbike, the Suzuki Jimny is said to go on sale in the Indian market sometime before the end of 2019.
The latest-generation Suzuki Jimny was unveiled globally back in 2018. The mini-SUV also won the ‘2019 World Urban Car of the Year' and has received positive response in the international market, including India.
The Suzuki Jimny is however likely to be rebadged as the ‘Gypsy' for the Indian market. The renaming of the Jimny is India is mainly because the India-spec model is likely to be slightly bigger than the one available in international markets.
Although, the India-spec Suzuki Jimny is said to be bigger, it will however, be part of the same platform as the international model. The India-spec Suzuki Jimny (Gypsy) will also feature the same components, engine and transmission options as the Sierra variant of the mini-SUV.
Once launched in the Indian market, the India-spec Suzuki Jimny will be sold exclusively through the company's premium Nexa dealership. This will help the Jimny position itself as a premium offering from the brand's other SUV, the Vitara Brezza; sold through the Arena showrooms.
Maruti Suzuki will be specially developing the Jimny for the Indian market. The India-spec model will be based on the Sierra variant — a wider body Jimny with a 3-door configuration. However, the model being developed for India will come with 5 doors as standard. The upcoming India-spec Suzuki Jimny will be under 4-metres in length, allowing it to receive tax benefits as well.
Once introduced in the Indian market, the Suzuki Jimny will be powered by the same 1.5-litre K15-series petrol engine. This is the same engine which powers the Ertiga, Ciaz and the upcoming XL6. The Jimny will also receive the same transmission options as the XL6, this includes a standard five-speed manual and the optional four-speed torque-converter automatic.
Thoughts On The India-Spec Suzuki Jimny
The India-spec Suzuki Jimny is said to be locally manufactured at the company's plant in Gujarat. Being manufactured in India, Maruti Suzuki will price it highly competitively in the Indian market, making it a very attractive offering in the SUV segment.