- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 3 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Maruti Suzuki has reportedly confirmed the arrival of the globally-acclaimed Jimny mini-SUV for the Indian market. According to carandbike, the Suzuki Jimny is said to go on sale in the Indian market sometime before the end of 2019.
The latest-generation Suzuki Jimny was unveiled globally back in 2018. The mini-SUV also won the ‘2019 World Urban Car of the Year' and has received positive response in the international market, including India.
The Suzuki Jimny is however likely to be rebadged as the ‘Gypsy' for the Indian market. The renaming of the Jimny is India is mainly because the India-spec model is likely to be slightly bigger than the one available in international markets.
Although, the India-spec Suzuki Jimny is said to be bigger, it will however, be part of the same platform as the international model. The India-spec Suzuki Jimny (Gypsy) will also feature the same components, engine and transmission options as the Sierra variant of the mini-SUV.
Once launched in the Indian market, the India-spec Suzuki Jimny will be sold exclusively through the company's premium Nexa dealership. This will help the Jimny position itself as a premium offering from the brand's other SUV, the Vitara Brezza; sold through the Arena showrooms.
Maruti Suzuki will be specially developing the Jimny for the Indian market. The India-spec model will be based on the Sierra variant — a wider body Jimny with a 3-door configuration. However, the model being developed for India will come with 5 doors as standard. The upcoming India-spec Suzuki Jimny will be under 4-metres in length, allowing it to receive tax benefits as well.
Once introduced in the Indian market, the Suzuki Jimny will be powered by the same 1.5-litre K15-series petrol engine. This is the same engine which powers the Ertiga, Ciaz and the upcoming XL6. The Jimny will also receive the same transmission options as the XL6, this includes a standard five-speed manual and the optional four-speed torque-converter automatic.
Thoughts On The India-Spec Suzuki Jimny
The India-spec Suzuki Jimny is said to be locally manufactured at the company's plant in Gujarat. Being manufactured in India, Maruti Suzuki will price it highly competitively in the Indian market, making it a very attractive offering in the SUV segment.