- 2 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 200 4V BS-VI First Ride Review: Cleaner, Greener & Still A Thriller
- 2 days ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 4 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Prithvi Shaw slams 200 as Mumbai in total command against Baroda
- Lifestyle What Does Your Headache Reveal About Your Overall Health?
- Movies Rani Mukerji Says Her Character From Mardaani 2 Wouldn’t Fit In Rohit Shetty’s Cop Universe
- News Citizenship bill will benefit 1.5 cr people; 50pc are SC, STs: RSS
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The new limited-edition model comes with sporty cosmetic updates and a host of new features and equipments. It is available in just two colour choices: Candy White and Carbon Steel.
The cosmetic changes and additional features on the new Rapid Rider edition include a blacked-out front grille, black-side foils, blacked-out B-pillars and a trunk lip garnish finished in black as well.
Skoda also offers the Rapid Rider sedan with dual-tone ebony sand interiors with ivory slate seat upholstery. The sedan also receives 'Rapid' inscribed on the scuff plates as well.
Apart from the cosmetic updates mentioned, Skoda has also added a number of updates in terms of features and equipments as well. The Skoda Rapid Rider comes with new features such as dual-airbags, anti-glare IRVM, height-adjustable three-point seat belt, rough road package, engine immobiliser, floating code system and rear windscreen defogger with timer.
Speaking on the occasion, Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda Auto India stated,
"The Rapid Rider offers a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors and class-leading safety features, at a very competitive price point. It is deemed to be a best seller setting the benchmark for functionality, practicality and spaciousness in its segment."
The new limited-edition Skoda Rapid Rider sedan is available in a single engine option. This includes the 1.6-litre MPi petrol engine. It produces 105bhp and 153Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The Skoda Rapid Rider will also receive the brand's 'Skoda Shield Plus', which offers 6-years of "hassle free ownership experience". This package includes 24x7 roadside assistance and an extended warranty.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider
The Skoda Rapid Rider is a limited-edition model, with a number of subtle cosmetic upgrades, along with a few additional features. The Skoda Rapid is one of the popular offerings from the Czech brand in India, bringing in volume sales to the company. The Skoda Rapid rivals the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the Volkswagen Vento.