- 5 min ago Revolt e-Bike Features Multiple Switchable Exhaust Sounds; Unveiling Tomorrow
- 1 hr ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- Technology Most Trending Smartphones Of Last Week– Xiaomi Mi 9T, Galaxy A50, Galaxy M40, Redmi K20 Pro And More
- Movies Leila All Episodes LEAKED; The Web Series Is Now Available For FREE Download!
- News TMC MLA, 12 councillors set to join BJP today
- Finance DCC To Impose Penalty On Airtel, Vodafone Idea For Not Helping Reliance Jio
- Sports ISL Transfer News: Mumbai City sign Mato Grgic from NorthEast
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Or Sophie Choudry Or Diana Penty: Whose Ethnic Look Was The Freshest?
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Skoda has launched the 2019 Rapid Monte Carlo edition in India at a starting price of Rs 11.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Monte Carlo edition of the Rapid will offer a number of unique features and equipment both to its exterior and interiors.
The special edition Skoda Rapid pays homage to the brand's Motorsport heritage and Rallye Monte Carlo. Skoda is expected to introduce more variants of the Monte Carlo marque, starting from the Flash Red colour scheme.
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo edition will be available in an single exclusive 'Flash Red' paint scheme, initially. The special edition sedan is now available in all authorised dealerships across the country.
Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt Ltd said, "We are glad to re-introduce the Monte Carlo marque in India. The RAPID Monte Carlo offers a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors, leading safety as well as intelligent connectivity features. It is positioned at the upper end of its segment and targets discerning customers who want a premium experience."
The 2019 Skoda rapid Monte Carlo edition is available with both the 1.6-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine offerings. Prices for each of the variant are listed below. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
- 1.6 MPI Petrol (MT): Rs 11,15,599
- 1.6 MPI Petrol (AT): Rs 12,35,599
- 1.5 TDI CR Diesel (MT): Rs 12,99,599
- 1.5 TDI CR Diesel (AT): Rs 14,25,599
The 1.6-litre petrol engine churns out 105bhp and 153Nm of torque while the 1.5-litre TDI diesel unit produces 110bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to either a standard five-speed manual gearbox or a DSG transmission.
In terms of design, the 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo will come with sporty black elements, along with race-inspired accents. Exteriors of the special edition model will come with the signature Skoda grille, quartz cut projector headlamps, LED DRLs, 16-inch clubber alloy wheels and gloss black mirrors. The special edition Rapid also receives gloss black B-pillars with the Monte Carlo badging, black diffuser, black tailgate spoilers and black roof rails.
The black colour theme continues to the interiors as well. On the inside, the Rapid Monte Carlo edition comes with a sporty flat-bottom multi-function steering wheel and a gear knob, both of which are wrapped in perforated black leather with red stitching.
It also features ribbed stainless steel pedals, scuff plates and a piano black centre console. The central infotainment consists of a 6.5-inch touchscreen display with connectivity options such as SmartLink, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink.
Other safety and comfort features on the 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo: intelligent rain sensing wipers, rear parking camera, cruise control, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, hill-hold assist, three-point seat belt.
Thoughts On The 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo
The 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo comes with a number of features and equipment. Skoda had launched the Monte Carlo edition back in 2017, however, had to discontinue it within two months due to a trademark infringement case with Monte Carlo Apparels.