- 55 min ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- News Rahul Gandhi has limited understanding about COVID-19: BJP chief JP Nadda
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab owner Ness Wadia sees no point in hosting IPL sans foreign stars
- Technology TRAI Suggests 11 Digit Mobile Numbers In India
- Movies EXCLUSIVE: Sidharth Malhotra Transfers Money To Bollywood Dancers Out Of Work In Lockdown
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Naming Ceremony In This Month
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Skoda has launched the 2019 Rapid Monte Carlo edition in India at a starting price of Rs 11.16 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Monte Carlo edition of the Rapid will offer a number of unique features and equipment both to its exterior and interiors.
The special edition Skoda Rapid pays homage to the brand's Motorsport heritage and Rallye Monte Carlo. Skoda is expected to introduce more variants of the Monte Carlo marque, starting from the Flash Red colour scheme.
The Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo edition will be available in an single exclusive 'Flash Red' paint scheme, initially. The special edition sedan is now available in all authorised dealerships across the country.
Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt Ltd said, "We are glad to re-introduce the Monte Carlo marque in India. The RAPID Monte Carlo offers a compelling combination of the brand's emotive design, exquisite interiors, leading safety as well as intelligent connectivity features. It is positioned at the upper end of its segment and targets discerning customers who want a premium experience."
The 2019 Skoda rapid Monte Carlo edition is available with both the 1.6-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine offerings. Prices for each of the variant are listed below. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
- 1.6 MPI Petrol (MT): Rs 11,15,599
- 1.6 MPI Petrol (AT): Rs 12,35,599
- 1.5 TDI CR Diesel (MT): Rs 12,99,599
- 1.5 TDI CR Diesel (AT): Rs 14,25,599
The 1.6-litre petrol engine churns out 105bhp and 153Nm of torque while the 1.5-litre TDI diesel unit produces 110bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to either a standard five-speed manual gearbox or a DSG transmission.
In terms of design, the 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo will come with sporty black elements, along with race-inspired accents. Exteriors of the special edition model will come with the signature Skoda grille, quartz cut projector headlamps, LED DRLs, 16-inch clubber alloy wheels and gloss black mirrors. The special edition Rapid also receives gloss black B-pillars with the Monte Carlo badging, black diffuser, black tailgate spoilers and black roof rails.
The black colour theme continues to the interiors as well. On the inside, the Rapid Monte Carlo edition comes with a sporty flat-bottom multi-function steering wheel and a gear knob, both of which are wrapped in perforated black leather with red stitching.
It also features ribbed stainless steel pedals, scuff plates and a piano black centre console. The central infotainment consists of a 6.5-inch touchscreen display with connectivity options such as SmartLink, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink.
Other safety and comfort features on the 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo: intelligent rain sensing wipers, rear parking camera, cruise control, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, hill-hold assist, three-point seat belt.
Thoughts On The 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo
The 2019 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo comes with a number of features and equipment. Skoda had launched the Monte Carlo edition back in 2017, however, had to discontinue it within two months due to a trademark infringement case with Monte Carlo Apparels.