- 14 min ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- Movies ISKCON Now Accepts Shemaroo's Apology: We Do Not Believe In Revengeful Acts
- Technology Realme Buds Q To Launch Soon In India: Expected Price
- News COVID-19 tally in Andhra Pradesh at 3,461
- Lifestyle Muscle Cramps: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Sports Steven Gerrard turns 40: Notable players never to win the Premier League
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Skoda Auto has unveiled a special edition of their popular sports sedan, the Skoda Octavia RS Challenge. The new Octavia RS (or vRS) Challenge edition brings both cosmetic and mechanical enhancements. The sedan is already listed for sale in the UK for 30,085 pounds (around Rs 28 lakh upon direct conversion).
Compared to the regular version, the Octavia RS Challenge edition features a blacked-out theme; complete with 19-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, a sports exhaust and enough 'vRS' badges to keep its driver happy. With just a few cosmetic tweaks, the Skoda Octavia RS Challenge has overshadowed its standard avatar in terms of desirability.
Thanks to the new race-spec VAQ limited-slip front differential, the Octavia RS Challenge showcases sharper driving dynamics. Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) comes part of the standard equipment as well.
On the inside, the new Skoda Octavia RS Challenge edition gets heated and powered Alcantara front seats. Other features such as keyless entry, push-button start, 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment with satellite navigation by Amundsen; ambient illumination, lap timer, etc., are borrowed from the regular model.
Powering the Skoda Octavia RS Challenge is the same 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, but retuned to make 245bhp (15bhp more) and 370Nm (20Nm more) of torque. Unlike the India-spec Octavia RS (which gets a six-speed automatic), the Challenge edition is available mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Put together, the new RS Challenge boasts of a 0-100km/h acceleration time less than 6.6 seconds. The sedan can hit an effortless top speed of 250km/h.
As of now, there are no reports whether the special edition Octavia RS will reach Indian shores. The latest RS 245 Skoda Octavia RS went on sale in India back in September 2017 for Rs 24.62 lakh ex-showroom (India). Initially, only 300 units were allocated, but an additional 200 were later introduced due to the overwhelming market response.
Thoughts On The Skoda Octavia RS Challenge
The India-spec Skoda Octavia RS isn't just a cost-cut version of the international variant, but developed specifically for our country's driving conditions. The sports sedan has developed a huge fan following in the country within a short span of time and many are eagerly waiting for the next batch to come in. It would be really great if Skoda Auto India could slot in a few Octavia RS Challenge editions along with it.