- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 10 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 10 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tigor Automatic Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 6.39 Lakh
- Technology Best Samsung Smartphones With USB Type-C Port To Buy Under Rs. 20,000
- News Cyclone Vayu, headed for North Gujarat, to weaken further
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Super Shakib inspires Bangladesh to thumping win over Windies
- Lifestyle 8 Astonishing Health Benefits Of Drinking Cucumber Juice
- Movies Bepannaah’s Harshad Chopda On His Secret Girlfriend; Reveals Awkward Moment About Intimate Scene!
- Finance Nifty Earnings For Jan-Mar Touched 5-Quarter Low
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Skoda Auto has unveiled a special edition of their popular sports sedan, the Skoda Octavia RS Challenge. The new Octavia RS (or vRS) Challenge edition brings both cosmetic and mechanical enhancements. The sedan is already listed for sale in the UK for 30,085 pounds (around Rs 28 lakh upon direct conversion).
Compared to the regular version, the Octavia RS Challenge edition features a blacked-out theme; complete with 19-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, a sports exhaust and enough 'vRS' badges to keep its driver happy. With just a few cosmetic tweaks, the Skoda Octavia RS Challenge has overshadowed its standard avatar in terms of desirability.
Thanks to the new race-spec VAQ limited-slip front differential, the Octavia RS Challenge showcases sharper driving dynamics. Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) comes part of the standard equipment as well.
On the inside, the new Skoda Octavia RS Challenge edition gets heated and powered Alcantara front seats. Other features such as keyless entry, push-button start, 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment with satellite navigation by Amundsen; ambient illumination, lap timer, etc., are borrowed from the regular model.
Powering the Skoda Octavia RS Challenge is the same 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, but retuned to make 245bhp (15bhp more) and 370Nm (20Nm more) of torque. Unlike the India-spec Octavia RS (which gets a six-speed automatic), the Challenge edition is available mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Put together, the new RS Challenge boasts of a 0-100km/h acceleration time less than 6.6 seconds. The sedan can hit an effortless top speed of 250km/h.
As of now, there are no reports whether the special edition Octavia RS will reach Indian shores. The latest RS 245 Skoda Octavia RS went on sale in India back in September 2017 for Rs 24.62 lakh ex-showroom (India). Initially, only 300 units were allocated, but an additional 200 were later introduced due to the overwhelming market response.
Thoughts On The Skoda Octavia RS Challenge
The India-spec Skoda Octavia RS isn't just a cost-cut version of the international variant, but developed specifically for our country's driving conditions. The sports sedan has developed a huge fan following in the country within a short span of time and many are eagerly waiting for the next batch to come in. It would be really great if Skoda Auto India could slot in a few Octavia RS Challenge editions along with it.