- 5 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 5 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News If talks can happen with China, why not with other neighbour: Farooq Abdullah in LS
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Sports IPL 2020: DC vs KXIP: We will start the tournament strong: Delhi Capitals Coach Ricky Ponting
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Reveals Ranveer Singh Was His Choice For Bombay Velvet; Studios Didn’t Believe In Him
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Technology Two Alleged Realme Phones Appear On TENNA; Specifications Tipped
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Skoda has launched the Octavia Onyx sedan in the Indian market. The new Skoda Octavia Onyx is offered in two variants with a starting price of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Octavia Onyx sedan comes with a host of cosmetic updates and added features; both inside and out.
Bookings for the Skoda Octavia Onyx has started in all dealerships across the country. Deliveries of the new sedan is said to begin soon. The higher-spec variant of the Skoda Octavia Onyx is priced at Rs 22 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). All prices are introductory prices at the time of launch.
Both variants of the Skoda Octavia will feature a host of cosmetic updates. This includes an updated butterfly grille which now comes with a chrome surrounds, updated LED headlamps with ‘Crystalglo' LED DRLs, contrasting black ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, glossy-black rear spoiler mounted on the boot-lid, carbon-black door foils and a set of newly designed 16-inch Premia alloy wheels.
Moving to the interiors, the new Skoda Octavia Onyx comes with aluminium scuff plates with ‘Octavia' embossed on them, a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink technology, MirrorLink, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, dual-zone climate control, twelve-way adjustable front driver and passenger seats, premium black-leather upholstery all around and a flat-bottom steering wheel wrapped in perforated leather.
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx will also come with all the standard safety equipment as well. This includes six airbags, rear parking camera, high-speed warning, seat-belt reminder, ABS with EBD and a host of others as well.
Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, Skoda Auto India, said
"The Skoda Octavia changed the dynamics of the executive sedan segment when it was introduced in India. ‘TOUGH MEETS SMART', the new Octavia Onyx has unique street credibility signified in its design. It is a limited edition variant which re-defines 'class and elegance' while retaining its distinctive characteristics - emotive design, exquisite interiors, class-leading safety and intelligent connectivity features - now in exciting colour options."
The new Octavia Onyx will also feature a 590-litre boot space The rear seats can be folded in a 60:40 split, which further expands the luggage space to a massive 1580-litres; the largest in the segment.
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx is offered with two engine options. This includes the 1.8-litre TSI petrol engine producing 180bhp and 250Nm of torque.
The sedan also comes with a 2.0-litre TDI diesel unit churning out 143bhp and 320Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission system, without a manual gearbox on offer.
The new Octavia Onyx edition will be offered in a range of three colour options: Candy White, Race Blue and Corrida Red.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Octavia Onyx Launch In India
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx comes with a host of updates over the standard model. The Onyx edition offers a new level of sportiness to the already sporty looking sedan from the brand in the Indian market. The new Skoda Octavia Onyx will continue to rival the likes of the Toyota Corolla Altis and the Honda Civic in the segment.