- 2 hrs ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 4 hrs ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- 6 hrs ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 9 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- Movies Anshula And Arjun Kapoor Pen Heart-Touching Notes For Birthday Girl Janhvi Kapoor
- Education SBI Apprentice Exam 2021 To Be Held After April
- News BJP's Pragya Thakur takes ill again, airlifted to Mumbai
- Sports India vs England Test Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Records, Statistics; Ashwin, Axar, Pant shine
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Mythological Stories Of Lord Shiva That You Need To Know
- Finance NPS vs Other Tax Saving Investments: Where A Tax Saver Should Invest?
- Technology Tata Sky Vs JioFiber Vs Airtel Xstream Plan: Who Is Offering Best Internet Plans Under Rs. 1,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Skoda has launched the Octavia Onyx sedan in the Indian market. The new Skoda Octavia Onyx is offered in two variants with a starting price of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Octavia Onyx sedan comes with a host of cosmetic updates and added features; both inside and out.
Bookings for the Skoda Octavia Onyx has started in all dealerships across the country. Deliveries of the new sedan is said to begin soon. The higher-spec variant of the Skoda Octavia Onyx is priced at Rs 22 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). All prices are introductory prices at the time of launch.
Both variants of the Skoda Octavia will feature a host of cosmetic updates. This includes an updated butterfly grille which now comes with a chrome surrounds, updated LED headlamps with ‘Crystalglo' LED DRLs, contrasting black ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, glossy-black rear spoiler mounted on the boot-lid, carbon-black door foils and a set of newly designed 16-inch Premia alloy wheels.
Moving to the interiors, the new Skoda Octavia Onyx comes with aluminium scuff plates with ‘Octavia' embossed on them, a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartLink technology, MirrorLink, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, dual-zone climate control, twelve-way adjustable front driver and passenger seats, premium black-leather upholstery all around and a flat-bottom steering wheel wrapped in perforated leather.
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx will also come with all the standard safety equipment as well. This includes six airbags, rear parking camera, high-speed warning, seat-belt reminder, ABS with EBD and a host of others as well.
Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, Skoda Auto India, said
"The Skoda Octavia changed the dynamics of the executive sedan segment when it was introduced in India. ‘TOUGH MEETS SMART', the new Octavia Onyx has unique street credibility signified in its design. It is a limited edition variant which re-defines 'class and elegance' while retaining its distinctive characteristics - emotive design, exquisite interiors, class-leading safety and intelligent connectivity features - now in exciting colour options."
The new Octavia Onyx will also feature a 590-litre boot space The rear seats can be folded in a 60:40 split, which further expands the luggage space to a massive 1580-litres; the largest in the segment.
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx is offered with two engine options. This includes the 1.8-litre TSI petrol engine producing 180bhp and 250Nm of torque.
The sedan also comes with a 2.0-litre TDI diesel unit churning out 143bhp and 320Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission system, without a manual gearbox on offer.
The new Octavia Onyx edition will be offered in a range of three colour options: Candy White, Race Blue and Corrida Red.
Thoughts On The New Skoda Octavia Onyx Launch In India
The new Skoda Octavia Onyx comes with a host of updates over the standard model. The Onyx edition offers a new level of sportiness to the already sporty looking sedan from the brand in the Indian market. The new Skoda Octavia Onyx will continue to rival the likes of the Toyota Corolla Altis and the Honda Civic in the segment.