- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 4 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Now buy finest quality diamonds at Jos Alukkas' Diamond Carnival
- Movies Arjun Reddy's Shalini Pandey Is Ranveer Singh’s Heroine In YRF’s Jayeshbhai Jordaar!
- Lifestyle You Need To Try These 11 Amazing Ways To Use Turmeric To Get Rid Of Pimples Right Now!
- Technology Vodafone Idea Plans To Sell Optic Fiber Arm, Navi Mumbai Data Centre: Report
- Sports Was a mistake, hoping for light punishment - Shooter Ravi Kumar on doping violation
- Finance PC Jeweller Shares Sink 9% After Care Ratings Downgrades Its FD To CARE D FD
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Czech automobile manufacturer Skoda has finally revealed the all new fourth-generation Octavia, seven years since the third-generation Octavia was launched. The sedan is set to launch next year in India. The all new Skoda Octavia borrows some design elements from the company's Scala hatchback.
The rear end of the fourth-generation Skoda Octavia features boomerang-shaped full-LED tail lights, borrowed from the Scala no doubt. The rear end also features brand lettering instead of the traditional manufacturer's logo.
Skoda has made changes to the interior of the 2020 Octavia as well. The car now features a dual-tone black and beige treatment, an all new two-spoke steering wheel, a 10-inch fully-digital MID, and a 10-inch floating-type touchscreen infotainment system. The new Octavia also features a head-up display, which is a first for Skoda.
The all new, 2020 Skoda Octavia is available in three petrol options - a 1.0-litre TSI three-cylinder engine that produces 110bhp of power, and a 1.5-litre TSI four-cylinder engine (mated to a six-speed transmission) that produces 150bhp of power.
The 1.5-litre petrol engine is available as a mild-hybrid as well, but comes with an automatic gearbox. Skoda is also planning to offer a powerful 2.0-litre TSI engine that produces 190bhp of power, and will be available exclusively with an AWD configuration and a seven-speed DSG transmission.
The new 2020 Octavia is also available in three different 2.0-litre TDI diesel engines that produce 115bhp, 150bhp, and 200bhp of power. The base trim engine that produces 115b hp will be unavailable with an all-wheel drive.
Also on offer are two plug-in hybrid ‘iV' variants of the 2020 Octavia. They boast of an electric motor combined with the 1.4-litre TSI engine to produce either 204bhp on the base trim, or 245bhp on top end trims. Both engines will come mated to a six-speed DSG transmission.
We expect the new 2020 Skoda Octavia to make its Indian debut at the Auto Expo 2020 scheduled for February, and expect Skoda to launch the car within months of the unveil. We expect the all new, fourth-generation Skoda Octavia to be priced between Rs 18 lakh and Rs 28 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The 2020 Skoda Octavia
We are looking forward to seeing the 2020 Octavia and testing the vehicle as well. The company has taken seven years to launch the next-generation Octavia, and we're sure the car will be top notch!