- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Skoda Auto has launched the Kodiaq Scout SUV in the Indian market. The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout is a more off-road-oriented version of the SUV in the market and is priced at Rs 34 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Kodiaq Scout comes with a number of cosmetic upgrades. This includes new skid plates at the front and rear, newly designed 18-inch alloy wheels, silver-finished ORVMs, roof rails and surrounds on the front grille.
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout also comes with better approach and departure angles than the standard model in India. This includes a 22-degree approach angle and 23.1-degree departure angle, while also featuring a slightly raised ground clearance.
The Kodiaq Scout is also the first model from the brand in India to feature the ‘SKODA' logo in block letters on the tailgate.
Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service and Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India, stated: "The Kodiaq model range caters a growing class of discerning customers with the penchant for luxury as well as the right 'value for money' proposition. The new Kodiaq Scout is an integral part of our SUV campaign in India."
He further added, "While retaining its strong family characteristics - emotive design, exquisite interiors, class-leading safety as well as intelligent connectivity features - the Scout, with its distinctive design and all-terrain capabilities, offers a compelling combination and will continue to drive Škoda's success in India."
Inside, the new Skoda Kodiaq Scout comes with an all-black cabin and dashboard. The seats are now wrapped in black leather upholstery, while the beige dashboard is now replaced with black soft-touch materials. The Kodiaq Scout also comes with Alcantara highlights and wooden decor elements on the inside as well.
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout continues to be powered by the same 2.0-litre TDi diesel engine as on the standard variants. It produces 147bhp and 340Nm of peak torque; mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout is based on the range-topping variant, receiving all the bells and whistles in terms of features and equipment. This includes ambient lighting, large touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Keyless entry, Ventilated seats, panoramic sunroof.
Apart from the above mentioned features, the Kodiaq Scout also comes with a few additional equipment as well, including a new ‘Off-Road' driving mode. Some of the added features exclusively on the Kodiaq Scout SUV: 4x4 drive, hill-hold and descent control, EDS, hands-free parking, Power Nap package, virtual pedal and digital voice enhancement.
In terms of Safety, the Skoda Kodiaq Scout features all the equipment from the standard model, along with nine airbags, Rough road package and iBuzz fatigue alert.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kodiaq Scout Launch In India
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout is an off-road version of the standard SUV in the Indian market. Positioned as the new top-spec variant in the SUV's lineup, the Kodiaq Scout continues to rival the likes of the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and Mahindra Alturas G4.