- 10 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 50 min ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- Movies Saaho Celebrations Begin: Fans Place 70-Feet Cutout Of Prabhas In An Event
- News 100 not out: Meet Rohith, who helps the young chase their dreams for the sheer joy of it
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Technology Realme 5 Pro Vs Redmi Note 7 Pro – Which Mid-Range Phone Wins The Race?
- Finance TCS Surpasses RIL In Market Cap To Reclaim Most Valued Indian Firm Tag
- Lifestyle Har Chhath 2019: Date, Time, And Significance of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Declared, Check Cut-off Score
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Skoda Kodiaq is available in India in two fully-loaded Style and L&K variants. The SUVs are priced at Rs 35.36 lakh and Rs 36.79 lakh (ex-showroom, India) respectively. Both cars feature a 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine that produces 148bhp of power and 340Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission that sends power to all four wheels.
As is, the automotive industry is in the middle of a lean period and many auto manufacturers have witnessed major declines in sales over the last six months. In order to compensate for the losses, and to clear stocks of cars and raw materials, manufacturers have started offering huge discounts.
Dealers of Skoda vehicles in the Delhi-NCR regions are offering discounts of up to Rs 2.75 lakh on the Skoda Kodiaq - an offer potential buyers would want to take advantage of.
The seven-seater Kodiaq was introduced October 2017 and the Laurin & Klement variant was added to the lineup in November 2018 in order to offer customers a choice. Skoda appears to be working on a mid-cycle facelift for the Kodiaq that likely to debut in India as well.
The existing SUV has been around for about three years in global markets and it is about time that Skoda gave the vehicle a much needed update. A newer and improved version will definitely attract more customers.
The Skoda Kodiaq facelift could possibly feature all the tech updates from the new Superb. Once could also expect to see redesigned bumpers and head lamp clusters, and a new grille. Interiors could see minor changes and maybe a new infotainment system.
A new Skoda Kodiaq would also be upgraded with driver assist features, and safety and security features. A mild hybrid variant could also be in the works. An updated engine would make the vehicle more attractive to potential buyers.
In related news, rumor has it that Skoda will unveil Karoq at the 2020 Auto Expo. In addition, the India-spec Kamiq built on the MQB A0 IN platform that has been developed specifically for the Indian market could also be on display before going on sale later in the year.
Thoughts About The Discounts Being Offered On The Skoda Kodiaq
Manufacturers need to move as much stock as they can before the BS-VI emission norms kick in. The lean period they're experiencing adds more worry. We expect more manufacturers to offer discounts soon. In fact, there is a possibility that the discounts will get bigger closer to the Diwali festivities.