- 8 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 2 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Technology Xiaomi Announces Mi Band 4 Next Sale Date: Price And Specifications
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Contestants List: Sharmila Mandre Kuri Prathap & VJ Agni To Appear On The Show!
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- News Jobs in Rajasthan: RPSC junior legal officer recruitment 2019, 156 vacancies available
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Skoda has revealed the launch schedule for its Karoq and Kamiq SUV in India. Skoda Karoq will be launched by first half of 2020 followed up with Kamiq by mid-2021. This will be part of Skoda India 2.0 project.
Skoda Auto India's Director - Sales, Service & Marketing, Zac Hollis, responded to a tweet confirming the launch details for both the SUV. We initially expected the Karoq to arrive in the second half of 2020 after getting showcased at Auto Expo next year.
Skoda Karoq will be from a MQB-A0 platform sharing design from the elder Skoda Kodiaq. Skoda Kamiq will be a mid-size SUV as confirmed from the tweet. Skoda currently working with its India 2.0 project, we can see many vehicles getting added to the line-up with new strategies from Skoda.
The Skoda Karoq will be a premium SUV offering from Skoda. We expect the Karoq to be positioned below their flagship SUV Skoda Kodiaq. The engine options might include a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol unit and a 2.0-litre diesel unit. A 1.6-litre diesel engine mated to a DSG gearbox could also be offered as an option. The Skoda Karoq will go against the likes of Jeep Compass when launched next year.
The Skoda Kamiq will be a compact SUV that will also be based on the MQB-A0 platform. The Kamiq will share its underpinnings with other vehicles from the Volkswagen family. The compact SUV will be a feature-rich alternative in this segment. The Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks and Hyundai Creta will be the other competitors for Kamiq.
Fun fact, if you ever wonder the reason Skoda names its SUVs starting with K, then these are names derived from the language spoken by people of Canada and Greenland.
Skoda aims to sell one lakh vehicles per year with India 2.0 project from 2025 in India. Earlier, Zac Hollis stated the India 2.0 project from Skoda also plans to localise the production apart from expanding the portfolio. The launch of Karoq and Kamiq will further help the project realize its goal.
Thoughts About Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV Launch Schedule For India
Glad to see Skoda being active on social media by revealing important launch details. The Skoda Karoq and the Kamiq will be a great addition to the already competitive segment. With Skoda's India 2.0 project we expect to see the company releasing more models in the coming years.