- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- News Banished from home, woman dies in menstrual hut; Nepal makes first arrest
- Movies Sonakshi Sinha Says Salman Khan Is Incredibly Grounded
- Finance Postmen And Grameen Dak Sevaks To Soon Sell Insurance Policies
- Technology No More Charging Ports For Apple iPhone in 2021: Report
- Sports WWE Friday Night SmackDown preview & schedule: December 6, 2019
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas And Kim Kardashian West Will Inspire You To Have Warm And Soft Coats
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
The all-new Skoda Kamiq was spotted ahead of its India launch. Spy pics taken by Overdrive reveal a test mule sans camouflage. The Skoda Kamiq could possibly be the company's first offering under its India 2.0 strategy.
Mr Bernhard Maier, the Chief Executive Officer at Skoda recently shared that the company's focus for the Indian markets are SUVs. Skoda's India 2.0 strategy will focus on bringing six new models over the next two year.
The Skoda Kamiq that was spotted testing appears to be in the middle of conversions for the Indian market. The design is 100 percent Skoda, and the vehicle features clean, sharp lines that are part of Skoda's DNA.
The interiors of the Skoda Kamiq feature a virtual-cockpit instrument cluster, a 9.2-inch infotainment system, retracting door edge protectors, and umbrella holders. Other features that are expected are two-zone climate control, arm rests for front and rear passengers, and connectivity tech that is a current rage in the country.
Skoda's European-spec Kamiq arrives with three choices for engines - a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that arrives in two states of tuning, a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol unit, and a 1.6-litre diesel unit. There is no information about what engines the India-spec Kamiq will arrive with, but rumor has it that the Kamiq will feature the Skoda Rapid's engine offerings.
The Skoda Rapid sedan arrives with two engine options - a 1.6-litre petrol unit that produces 104bhp of power and 153Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to five-speed manual, and a six-speed automatic transmission.
The other engine option is a 1.5-litre diesel unit that produces 109bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. This engine comes mated to a five-speed manual, and a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission. Should the Kamiq features these engine options, we expect that the output figures will be tweaked.
There is no information about pricing for the Skoda Kamiq, but the company says that the vehicle will be heavily localized, meaning the Kamiq could be available between the Rs 12 lakh and the Rs 15 lakh mark. Prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kamiq Spotted Testing
India seems to have a soft corner for all things SUV. Most passenger vehicles that are launched are all SUVs and they all look the same, more or less. We're not surprised that Skoda is thinking of offering an SUV type vehicle for a first product under their strategy. We hope it works for them!