- 30 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 48 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 51 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Movies SHOCKING! Salman Khan Was Not The First Choice To Play Chulbul Pandey In Dabangg
- Sports Overthrow rules come under scrutiny but it cost New Zealand a World Cup
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Skoda Auto will officially debut the new Kamiq SUV at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show 2019; arguably the biggest automotive show of the entire year. The new Skoda Kamiq will be initially introduced in the European market and is the production version of the recently-unveiled Skoda Vision X concept. The five-seater SUV will most probably go on sale in Europe by the end of 2019.
The styling will be heavily inspired by the Skoda Vision X concept. For the same reason, we can expect a sharp and sporty design language for the Kamiq. Present-day Skoda models carry a sharp design theme and the Kamiq might bring it up a notch.
The Czech-origin automotive brand under Volkswagen could do an India-launch of the Skoda Kamiq sometime in the future, but it is too early to comment on that now. From the looks of it, the Skoda Kamiq will be the smallest and entry-level choice in the brand's SUV portfolio; sitting under the Karoq (to be launched soon in India) and the top-of-the-line seven-seater Kodiaq.
Interestingly, Skoda already sells an SUV in China with the 'Kamiq' nametag (shown in the image). The SUV, based on an older PQ-series platform from Volkswagen AG, was introduced on the Chinese market last year. However, the Euro-spec Skoda Kamiq employs Volkswagen's MGQ A0 platform which also underpins the Volkswagen T-Cross.
Regarding specifications, the Skoda Kamiq will be available in petrol-hybrid and even a CNG format. Sources suggest that its 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes 131bhp and 250Nm of torque. Two electric motors support the engine — a belt-driven starter-generation on the front axle and a 27bhp/70Nm motor at the rear.
There is also a reserve petrol tank to ensure ignition at sub-zero weather condiitons. Together, the Skoda Kamiq promises a driving range of 645km.
We still have to wait a bit to get the exact details on what the new Skoda Kamiq has to offer. Considering the fact that Skoda India is doing decently well in the country in terms of sales, chances for the Kamiq to make an Indian debut are also not bleak.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kamiq
There has been a spike in interest towards five-seater SUVs across the entire global automotive industry in the past few years. Owing to this, many brands have come up with compelling SUV products across a wide price range. The upcoming Skoda Kamiq will most probably be a global success for the brand.