- 39 min ago Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sport Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 7.98 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 16 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Fold Game of Thrones Edition by Caviar looks luxurious
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- News Wife Navjot Kaur comes out in Sidhu's defence, hits back at Amarinder
- Movies Sandalwood Actresses With Highest Number Of Filmfare Awards: Radhika Pandit Tops The List
- Finance Stringent Compliance Norms In Place To Crackdown Shell Firms
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Skoda has unveiled the first set of official images of its latest SUV, the Kamiq. The new Skoda Kamiq SUV will have its public debut at the upcoming 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
The new Skoda Kamiq is the third and smallest SUV in the brand's lineup. It is positioned below the Kodiaq and Karoq SUV in Skoda's international lineup. The Kamiq SUV is based on the Vision X Concept, first showcased at the Geneva Motor Show last year.
The Kamiq SUV follows a similar design to its larger siblings, although it does receive a number of distinctive features. Up front, the LED DRLs and LED headlamps have been reversed in position, compared to its siblings, the Kodiaq and the Karoq. The LED DRLs also function as turn indicators.
The Skoda Kamiq also comes with sleek LED taillights with sequential turn indicators - a first on a production Skoda model. The rear of the Kamiq SUV sports the Skoda badge in letters, instead of the logo; similar to the Scala hatchback.
The Kamiq SUV uses Volkswagen's MQB A0 platform. The Skoda Kamiq measures 4,241mm in length and has a wheelbase of 2,651mm. This translates to impressive cabin space, especially for the rear passengers. Skoda claims that the Kamiq offers more legroom at the rear than its Octavia or the Karoq offerings. Boot space on the Skoda Kamiq is 400-litres, extendable up to 1,395-litres with the rear seats folded down.
Inside, the Skoda Kamiq resembles the Scala hatchback. The SUV comes with a large 9.2-litre floating touchscreen infotainment system, a 10.25-inch virtual cockpit with digital instrumentation. Other features on the new Skoda Kamiq: ambient lighting, heated front and rear seats, permanent internet connection for a number of connected features, front assist, lane assist, park assist, rear traffic alert and a rearview camera; among 20 other 'simply clever' features.
Powering the new Skoda Kamiq is two petrol and one diesel engine. This includes 1.0-litre turbo petrol in two state-of-tune, churning out 95bhp and 110bhp. A 1.5-litre TSI turbo petrol producing 150bhp and a 1.6-litre TDI with 115bhp power output. Skoda might also offer a CNG powertrain on the Kamiq in certain international markets. The Kamiq will be offered in only a front-wheel drive format while the engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Bernhard Maier, CEO, Skoda Auto stated, "By introducing the Skoda Kamiq, we are completing our successful European SUV portfolio at the lower end. As our first city SUV, the Skoda Kamiq will captivate new customer groups for the Skoda brand and it is, therefore, an important component of our model campaign. The Skoda Kamiq offers an attractive overall package and combines SUV typical characteristics such as the elevated seat position and a good view of the road with agile handling, an emotive design, a high level of safety and state-of-the-art connectivity. Furthermore, its generous amount of space and many Simply Clever features make it a real Skoda."
Alain Favey, Board Member - Sales & Marketing, Skoda Auto, stated, "With the expansion of our SUV family, we have not only focused on a uniform design language, the clear line of the names containing a K and a Q also accentuates the coherence and has a high recognition value. In the language of the Inuit, KAMIQ embodies something in which you feel comfortable in any situation and that has its own character. That suits this car perfectly."
Thoughts On The Skoda Kamiq SUV
The Skoda Kamiq is the smallest offering in the Czech brand's SUV family, comprising of the Kodiaq and Karoq. Skoda has already launched the Kodiaq in the Indian market and has confirmed the Karoq for India as well. The Kamiq SUV also hints the design language of the new India-bound SUV from Skoda. The concept of the India-bound Skoda SUV will be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.