- 1 hr ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Sports Vijay Hazare Trophy: Rishabh Pant, Navdeep Saini named in Delhi squad for Hazare Trophy, Dhruv Shorey to lead
- Movies Rajkummar Rao Tears Up About His Father Watching Made In China’s Trailer Before He Passed Away
- News Terrorists come to India from neighbouring countries, not Moon: EU parliamentarians slam Pak
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Gone In Sixty Seconds was a rage when it released in 2000. The Angelina Jolie starrer featured cars on most people's wish-list. The most prominent, loved, and drooled over car, was the 1967 Ford Shelby.
The Shelby is a high performance variant of the Ford Mustang. Built by Carroll Shelby from Shelby American, these machines were developed between 1965 to 1968, and from 1969 to 1970. After introducing the fifth generation of the Mustang in 2005, Ford revived the Shelby badge and designed the new performance model in-house.
Shelby made performance modifications to various Ford Mustangs over the years. Among the many models he worked on the side, are the Shelby Cobra, and the Shelby Super Snake.
After years of drooling and dreaming, Shelby is coming to India. Pune-based AJP Group serves as Shelby India's technical partner. They will locally assemble these cars at their AJ Performance Studio. They say the first models will roll out during the third and or fourth quarter this year.
Manas Dewan, the newly appointed Chief Operating Officer, AJP Group, said, "Muscle Cars LLP will look after the marketing and distribution of Shelby cars in India, and AJP Group will customize the cars. A standard Shelby warranty will be offered in line with global standards."
According to sources, the Indian market will see at least one of the Shelby cars to begin with, although which one of the Dangerous Duo is all speculation.
The Shelby Cobra and the Shelby Super Snake are powerhouse cars, full of oomph, and are not for the faint hearted. Powered by high performace engines, the Shelby sibling are set to win hearts, and events in the Indian Subcontinent.
What We Think Of Shelby Coming To India
Very exciting and we're jumping with joy! See we all grew up looking at Shelby variants in our fav films. But where oh where can we truly experience this car in India? So much torque, so much oomph! We're busy looking at our contact lists to find someone who can open two airport runways for us!