- 10 min ago Maruti Suzuki, Dealer Ordered To Pay Rs 1 Lakh Compensation
- 2 hrs ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 3 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- Sports ICC World Cup 2919: KL Rahul, the silent dramaturge
- Finance Goyal Asks Companies To Submit Concerns On Draft E-Commerce Policy In 10 Days
- Movies Court Acquits Actor Vidyut Jamwal In 2007 Assault Case
- Lifestyle Encephalitis: The Deadly Condition That Killed More Than 100 Children In Bihar
- News Upset over no electricity for 38 years, farmer gulps poison in front of minister
- Technology WD Black SN750 M.2 SSD Review: Made For Pro Gamers
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Gone In Sixty Seconds was a rage when it released in 2000. The Angelina Jolie starrer featured cars on most people's wish-list. The most prominent, loved, and drooled over car, was the 1967 Ford Shelby.
The Shelby is a high performance variant of the Ford Mustang. Built by Carroll Shelby from Shelby American, these machines were developed between 1965 to 1968, and from 1969 to 1970. After introducing the fifth generation of the Mustang in 2005, Ford revived the Shelby badge and designed the new performance model in-house.
Shelby made performance modifications to various Ford Mustangs over the years. Among the many models he worked on the side, are the Shelby Cobra, and the Shelby Super Snake.
After years of drooling and dreaming, Shelby is coming to India. Pune-based AJP Group serves as Shelby India's technical partner. They will locally assemble these cars at their AJ Performance Studio. They say the first models will roll out during the third and or fourth quarter this year.
Manas Dewan, the newly appointed Chief Operating Officer, AJP Group, said, "Muscle Cars LLP will look after the marketing and distribution of Shelby cars in India, and AJP Group will customize the cars. A standard Shelby warranty will be offered in line with global standards."
According to sources, the Indian market will see at least one of the Shelby cars to begin with, although which one of the Dangerous Duo is all speculation.
The Shelby Cobra and the Shelby Super Snake are powerhouse cars, full of oomph, and are not for the faint hearted. Powered by high performace engines, the Shelby sibling are set to win hearts, and events in the Indian Subcontinent.
What We Think Of Shelby Coming To India
Very exciting and we're jumping with joy! See we all grew up looking at Shelby variants in our fav films. But where oh where can we truly experience this car in India? So much torque, so much oomph! We're busy looking at our contact lists to find someone who can open two airport runways for us!