- 14 hrs ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 2 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 2 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Indore 'My Home' night club raid: 11 working as musicians arrested
- Technology Clash Of Clans Version 13 Update With Town Hall 13 Released For Android And iOS
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Day 57 Written Update – Chandana Is The New Caption Of The House
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Lifestyle Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Maharashtra based polyester films manufacturer, Garware Polyester Private Limited, has developed and unveiled (PPF) Paint Protection Films for automobile applications. The company says they will start mass production in May 2020.
The Paint Protection Film is manufactured using a formulated Thermoplastic Polyurethane films. According to the company the protection film will offer high level impact resistance. Garware also says these are self-healing paint protection films.
Mr S Krishnan, Director — Sales, Garware Polyester Pvt. Ltd. said, "The latest version of Paint Protection Film provides high-gloss finish and an impact protection for maximum durability protecting vehicles from abrasions, bird droppings, door dings, and scratches, thus making it the most advanced vehicle paint protection film on the market".
A spokesperson for Garware Polyester Pvt. Ltd. said said that the company is gearing up to launch their PPF range of products in the international markets as well. Their target countries are the United States, Russia, South Africa, and regions in the Middle East.
The paint protection industry is a Rs 3,500 crore business, globally. The markets are currently dominated by companies like 3M and Lumar. As is, a majority of paint protection films are imported from China.
Garware's in-house developed paint protection film for cars is expected to bring an addition Rs 300 crore to the company over the next two years. The company expects most revenue from exports of the protection films.
Garware has a global presence in the ‘window films' game. Over 95% of the company's revenue comes in from exports. The company's ‘Global' window films brand is the third largest selling in the United States. The company's total revenue stands at Rs 950 crore.
The company also plans to enter other screen protection services, and plan to launch screen protection films for smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other applications.
Thoughts About Garware's Self-Healing Paint Protection Film
While the idea is great, we're not entirely sure any product can protect paint from scratches. It can delay the process at best. We have no information about the life-cycle of Garware's product. Stay tuned, we'll bring me more information as soon as we test the product.