- 10 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 10 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 'Unfortunate': Akali Dal attacks BJP on farm bills
- Sports Liverpool confirm Jota signing for reported £45m
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Promo: Sidharth Shukla And Gauahar Khan Join Salman In Promising An Entertaining Season
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Renault had released an official teaser video for it's soon-to-be launched sub-4 meter SUV, the Renault Triber. Renault has also schedule the Triber for a July launch in India.
According to Rushlane, the Triber has been built as a low-cost Multi Purpose Vehicle, and its target markets are said to be developing vehicle markets like India. The Renault Triber is built on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that is featured on the Renault Kwid.
The Renault Triber will feature a 1.0-litre three-cylinder Smart Control effiency (SCe) petrol engine that will produce 74bhp of power. This engine is also featured in the Renault Kwid, however, power output on the Kwid stands at 67bhp. The engine will be mated to 5-speed manual transmission. A 5-speed automatic is expected by mid 2020.
The interiors of the Renault Triber will feature a touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a passive keyless entry system, automatic climate control and an engine start-stop button.
Another highlight of the Triber is that third row of seats will be removable, meaning expandable boot space, depending on requirements. This is a unique and first in segment feature. No other manufacturer offers this level of customization.
The Triber will feature projector headlamps and LED DRLs on the top-end trims.
The Renault Triber is expected to be positioned between the Kwid and Duster in Renault's line-up. Renault must hope that this new product will help boost sales in an already lean market where Renault has been performing under-par.
Once launched, the Triber will be a one-of-its-kind value proposition in the Indian market. The closest competition, if any, will be from the Datsun Go Plus, and the Maruti WagonR 7 seater, which is schedule for a June 2019 launch. The Triber is expected to be priced between Rs 4.5 and Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Renault Triber
The Renault Triber looks quite boxy and we cannot tell much from the video or the spy images. We guess we have to wait for the vehicle to be officially revealed (but spy images will pop up before an official release for sure) to tell more about how the vehicle will look. The launch is almost around the corner, so expect to see and read more about this MPV from Renault.