- 46 min ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Sumo Discontinued In India: Company Stops Production Of SUV After 25 Years Of Sales
- 2 hrs ago Aprilia To Launch New 150cc Motorcycle In India At 2020 Auto Expo: To Rival The Yamaha R15
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Force Gurkha Spied Testing: Will Feature A BS-VI Engine
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G With 12GB RAM Slated For September 24 Launch
- Movies Dhanush Yet To Dub For Asuran: Will The Movie Be Delayed?
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Amey Ranawade reunites with FC Goa
- News How a sarcastic tweet claiming TN getting 'Mysore Pak' GI tag sends K'taka media into tizzy
- Lifestyle 11 Childhood Memories That You Made While Growing Up With Your Siblings
- Finance Wholesale Inflation In August Remains Unchanged
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Renault had released an official teaser video for it's soon-to-be launched sub-4 meter SUV, the Renault Triber. Renault has also schedule the Triber for a July launch in India.
According to Rushlane, the Triber has been built as a low-cost Multi Purpose Vehicle, and its target markets are said to be developing vehicle markets like India. The Renault Triber is built on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that is featured on the Renault Kwid.
The Renault Triber will feature a 1.0-litre three-cylinder Smart Control effiency (SCe) petrol engine that will produce 74bhp of power. This engine is also featured in the Renault Kwid, however, power output on the Kwid stands at 67bhp. The engine will be mated to 5-speed manual transmission. A 5-speed automatic is expected by mid 2020.
The interiors of the Renault Triber will feature a touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a passive keyless entry system, automatic climate control and an engine start-stop button.
Another highlight of the Triber is that third row of seats will be removable, meaning expandable boot space, depending on requirements. This is a unique and first in segment feature. No other manufacturer offers this level of customization.
The Triber will feature projector headlamps and LED DRLs on the top-end trims.
The Renault Triber is expected to be positioned between the Kwid and Duster in Renault's line-up. Renault must hope that this new product will help boost sales in an already lean market where Renault has been performing under-par.
Once launched, the Triber will be a one-of-its-kind value proposition in the Indian market. The closest competition, if any, will be from the Datsun Go Plus, and the Maruti WagonR 7 seater, which is schedule for a June 2019 launch. The Triber is expected to be priced between Rs 4.5 and Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Renault Triber
The Renault Triber looks quite boxy and we cannot tell much from the video or the spy images. We guess we have to wait for the vehicle to be officially revealed (but spy images will pop up before an official release for sure) to tell more about how the vehicle will look. The launch is almost around the corner, so expect to see and read more about this MPV from Renault.