- 30 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Ambrane Launches WH-83 Wireless Headphones For Rs. 1,199 In India
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Renault India will soon be updating its entire model lineup in the country to offer additional features. These include the smartphone connectivity through Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
According to carandbike, Renault has confirmed that the update will be available in all models sold from the 12th of February. The first set of updated models will be available in metropolitan cities while tier-two cities will receive the updated cars, 10 to 15 days later.
The models in question are the top-spec variants of the Kwid, Captur and the Lodgy. All these three models already offer a touchscreen infotainment unit, however, miss out on the key connectivity features.
The current models, offer the infotainment unit with just Bluetooth, AUX and USB options. The addition of the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functions will help provide the models with the extra edge over its competitors.
The Kwid hatchback was the first car in the hatchback segment to offer a 7-inch touchscreen system. However, its competitors including the 2019 Wagon R and the Hyundai Santro now come with an infotainment system, with the smartphone connectivity functions.
The same goes for the Captur SUV as well, which lost the competition in the market with the Hyundai Creta, mainly due to the missing features. Smartphone connectivity functions (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay) have now almost become a standard feature expected in any model. This is especially true for more expensive product offerings, such as the Captur SUV.
With the increasing competition in the Indian car market, demand from customers for more upmarket and feature-packed products is also on the rise. So to stay ahead of the competition in the market, most carmakers are offering these additional features, across its entire product lineup.
As mentioned before, Maruti Suzuki recently launched the 2019 Wagon R in the Indian market. The new Wagon R which is a direct rival to the entry-level Renault Kwid is offered with a 7-inch touchscreen SmartPlay Studio Infotainment system.
Thoughts On Renault Adding New Features Across Its 2019 Models
Renault will update its entire product lineup with the above-mentioned smartphone connectivity features. The 2019 models will be available first in metropolitan cities starting mid-February. Other Tier-II cities will get the updated models from the start of next month.