- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Renault has confirmed that it will unveil its smallest EV at the upcoming 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. The new Renault EV will be based on the Kwid hatchback and will be showcased at the Auto Show on the 16th April 2019.
The Renault Kwid EV was first showcased in its concept form at the Paris Motor Show last year. The production-spec model to be unveiled later this month, is said to be styled similar to the concept version.
This includes split headlamps design with LED DRLs positioned above the main headlamp cluster. This is similar to the layout as seen on other modern SUVs such as the Tata Harrier and the upcoming Hyundai Venue. Other styling features also include a new grille, slightly redesigned front and rear bumpers and newly designed LED tail lights.
Renault is yet to reveal the technical details of the Kwid EV. However, the powertrain is said to have been jointly developed by Renault and Dongfeng. Both companies started a joint venture last year, called 'eGT New Energy Automotive', under which the powertrain for the Renault Kwid EV has been developed.
Although, the technical details of the production-spec version of the Renault Kwid are yet to be revealed. Renault had claimed that the concept K-ZE will have a range of up to 250km on a single charge. Also Renault had announced that the EV could be charged via domestic plugs and public charging infrastructure.
The Renault Kwid EV will be built by Dongfeng Motors (the French carmaker's Chinese partners). It will be manufactured at Dongfeng's facility in Shiyan, Central China with an annual capacity of around 1,20,000 units. Production of the Renault Kwid EV is said to begin later this year for the Chinese market, along with a few export markets as well.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid EV
The Renault Kwid EV will be the smallest and most-affordable electric vehicle offering from the French carmaker. We expect Renault to bring the Kwid-based EV to the Indian market as well. The Renault Kwid is one of the best-selling product for the brand in India, bringing in volume sales month-on-month. However, there is currently no news regarding its launch in the Indian market.
Source: Autocar India