- 9 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 11 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 12 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 13 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Movies Sanya Irani Thought DISASTER Has Struck After Meeting Barun Sobti First Time; Shocking Revelation!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: De Kock steers Proteas to first win after Afghanistan collapse
- News IAF chief presents his 'wings' to 'Sword of Honour' recipient at AFA
- Technology VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Renault has been working on an all-electric Kwid for a quite a while. Now, the first patent images of the Renault Kwid electric has been leaked online, showcasing all the exterior changes made to the upcoming EV.
The Renault Kwid electric will be based on the K-ZE Concept showcased at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. The electric hatchback will have its first market premiere in China. The car whose design was done in Chennai, India will have its powertrain fitted in Renault's China facility.
However, India will have to wait for a longer time to receive the Kwid electric in the country. This is mainly due to the lack of clarity of the Indian government, towards the electric vehicle policy.
As seen from the patent images, the new Renault Kwid electric retains the same overall design and silhouette of the current model. However, it can be seen with a new front fascia. The Kwid electric can be seen with a new grille design, headlamp cluster and a new bumper as well. Being an electric vehicle, the Kwid EV misses out on the central air dam on the front bumper. The new headlamp cluster on the Kwid electric is also expected to feature LED units, including LED DRLs.
Moving to the sides and rear profile, the Renault Kwid is expected to feature a set of newly designed alloy wheels. The rear also comes with an updated bumper, along with new LED tail lights. The Renault Kwid electric might also feature disc brakes on all four sides as well.
The electric powertrain on the Kwid EV will be developed jointly by Renault and its Chinese partners, eGT New Energy Technology. Exact power specifications for the Kwid EV is yet to be announced, however, it does claim to offer a range of 250km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric
Renault has confirmed that the Kwid electric will be launched in the Indian market. However, the EV will first be launched in the Chinese market, ahead of its introduction in India. Renault is suggesting an India-launch for the Kwid electric sometime in mid-2022. Once launched in India, the Renault Kwid electric will rival the likes of the Maruti WagonR electric, which will go on sale in India by 2020.