- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 9 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
French automaker, Renault is all set to launch a facelift version of their Kwid hatchback in India. The upcoming Renault Kwid Climber facelift model was spied in its undisguised form ahead of its launch.
The spy pics from Gaadiwaadi reveal the exterior design changes of the upcoming hatchback. The all-new design of the Kwid facelift model draws design inspiration from their K-ZE electric hatchback available in the international markets.
The front-end of the upcoming Renault Climber spotted, features a split headlamps unit, with LED DRLs placed next to the front grille and the main headlamps placed on the bumper. The skid plates placed on the bumpers have been revised as well. The rear tail lamps have been revised with a new C-Shaped LED units. Other exterior bits like the all-round cladding, coloured mirror caps and roof rail design have been carried over from the current model.
The interior of the 2020 Renault Kwid Climber will feature a new 8-inch touch screen infotainment and digital instrument cluster unit, borrowed from the company's Triber MPV. The new cabin on the upcoming hatchback will also offer a funky feel with colour coordinated door handles, AC surrounds and gear lever bezel.
The upcoming model of the Renault Kwid will be powered by the same capacity engine, which are featured on the current models, but will be made BS-VI complaint. The Kwid is offered with 2 petrol engines an 800cc unit producing 54hp of power and 72Nm of torque, and a 1.0-litre engine produces 68hp of power and 91Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, with the bigger capacity engine also receiving the optional 5-speed AMT automatic unit. The upcoming Kwid facelift is expected to undergo some manufacturing changes to comply with the new upcoming crash test norms on October 2019. This makes the upcoming hatchback safer and sturdier than the current model. Adding to the safety element, It would also feature disc brakes on the rear-wheels as well.
Renault Kwid has been the brand's best-seller, making a strong statement in the entry-level hatchback segment where Maruti Suzuki has maintained its monopoly. The Renault Kwid goes up against rivals such as the Maruti Alto and Alto K10.
We expect the new Kwid Climber edition to be priced a little higher than the current model, due to a BS-VI complaint engine and added features. Once launched in India, the Renault Kwid facelift will rival the likes of Datsun redi-GO and the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso - an upcoming tall-riding hatchback due to launch next month.
Thoughts About The New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied
Soon, the entry-level hatchback segment will receive two new models one will be the Renault Kwid facelift and another will the Maruti S-Presso. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be launched first followed by the Kwid facelift, and both the hatchback models more or less carry the same design with tall-riding stance. The competition in the hatchback segment is getting hotter, which would come at the top remains to be seen.