- 2 hrs ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 19 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 2 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 3 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Finance Donald Trump Calls For World Bank To Stop Lending To China
- News Never approved mercy plea, says Nirbhaya convict
- Sports Cricket Australia promise 'international standard' wicket for Boxing Day Test
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez, Nushrat Bharucha Give Us Winter-perfect And Summer-ideal Airport Attire Goals
- Movies Arjun Suravaram Box Office Verdict: Nikhil Siddharth Starrer Emerges As A Hit!
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Renault has stayed to itself over the last couple of years, and now the French automobile manufacturer is readying itself for busy few months up ahead. The company made headlines with the global unveil of the Triber in New Delhi, and the company is now preparing the Renault Duster facelift for a launch on 8 July 2019.
A new teaser confirms the Renault Duster facelift will launch in India on the 8th of July, and the teaser also reveals that the SUV will feature projector headlights, and a new chrome-embellished grille. The updated SUV has already been spied fully undisguised.
While most of the changes go unnoticed, a closer look reveals a new sculpted bonnet and a higher bonnet line (raised to meet pedestrian protection norms), a redesigned front bumper, mock skid plates at the front and back, a new design for the alloy wheels, and some plastic cladding for the tailgate.
There will be some upgrades to the interiors of the Renault Duster facelift as well. The car will feature a new steering wheel, an upgraded infotainment system that is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, rectangular AC vents on the center console, mock aluminium and chrome highlights, and a dash insert that's the same colour as the exterior.
There is no information about any upgrades to the engine, and the options are likely to remain the same. The vehicle will continue to feature a 1.5-litre petrol that produces 105bhp of power and 142Nm of torque. Transmission options will likely include a 5-speed manual or CVT.
While the current Renault Duster features a diesel engine, the facelift variant may not be available with one. Renault recently confirmed that the 1.5-litre K9K diesel would not be upgraded to meet BS-VI norms.
Having said that, we know that Renault India is trying to upgrade the K9K diesel to clear BS-VI norms with the help of a cost-effective Lean NOx Trap. The future of the 1.5-litre diesel engine depends on whether the company succeeds in its efforts or not.
The Renault Duster facelift will most likely be launched before the launch of the all new 7-seat Renault Triber. We expect the Renault Duster facelift to be priced competitively, as this is the segment that is currently where all the action is. The Duster is currently being retailed between Rs 7.99 lakh and Rs 12.15 lakh, ex-showroom, (India).
Thoughts About The Renault Duster Facelift
We're somewhat looking forward to looking at this car in the flesh. The Duster sold faster and better that all of Renault's models put together, and we're sure the company is hoping that the Duster facelift (along with the Renault Triber) turn things around for them.