- 2 hrs ago Porsche & Boeing Enter Partnership To Develop Premium Electric Flying Cars
- 2 hrs ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 Prices Increased In India: Price Hike Only For Standard & Darknight Edition Models
- 2 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar (2020) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti XL5 (Premium WagonR) Spied Testing Yet Again: Fresh Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- News Migrants as foot-soldiers: How JMB is becoming India’s most dangerous terror group
- Technology Nokia 9 PureView With Android 10 Makes Cameo On Geekbench
- Movies Chiranjeevi Is Ready To Do A Multi-starrer With Pawan Kalyan!
- Sports India does not need me to be successful all the time: Sunil Chhetri
- Finance ICICI Bank FD Health: Should You Opt For This FD + Health Insurance Scheme?
- Lifestyle Dhadak Actress Janhvi Kapoor And Sairat Actress Rinku Rajguru Have Humble Fashion Goals For Us
- Travel 8 Most Dangerous Road Routes In India
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
Land Rover has just added a new 400 Horse-Power Ingenium straight six petrol engine to their fleet in international markets. The engine was first introduced over the Range Rover Sport in the United Kingdom. The new turbo-charged Ingenium engines will replace the current Ford sourced supercharged V6 that features on the Jaguar and Land Rover fleets.
According to AutoCar India, The new Ingenium engine uses an electronic version of the supercharger to provide an instant throttle response before the twin turbo chargers kick in. It also use a 48V mild hybrid system that boosts fuel economy by supplying torque to reduce the engine workload. The engine produce 400bhp of power and 500Nm of torque, allowing the SUV to do 0-100 kilometers per hour in 5.9 seconds. It also allows for a top speed of 225 kilometers per hour.
The Land Rover Range Rover fleet has been given new features that include a smartphone pack featuring Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, the ability to dim individual headlights that could reflect back from signposts, and a 'Tourist Mode' the adjusts the headlight beam to the side of the road one is driving on.
There is no official confirmation if the engine will be featured on the India spec Range Rover. The Range Rover is available in 3.0 and 4.4-litre diesel variants and 3.0 and 5.0-litre petrol variants in India. The vehicle is available in a total of 10 variants and a massive 33 colours. Prices range from Rs 1.81 crore and Rs 4.04 crore, ex-showroom (India).
We expect the the new Ingenium engine for the Range Rover should arrive in India at some point. We will keep you apprised of developments and news about this new Ingenium engine.
Thoughts About The Ingenium Engine
Wow! 400 Horses is way too much to have for an SUV, even if the SUV sports a Land Rover badge. Having said that, what a beauty of an engine! It sounds powerful, feels powerful (from the pictures) and will make the SUV one of the heavyweights in the segment. Land Rover always seems to upgrade engines first. We have driven the Jaguar Portfolio 2.0D that features am Ingenium engine and we can tell you that the experience has been brilliant. We can't wait to test this beast out though!