- 35 min ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 1 hr ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford TO Use VWs MEB Platform
- 2 hrs ago Jawa 42 Modified Into All-Black Cafe Racer — One Of The Classiest Customisations We Have Seen
- Movies Aditi Prabhudeva Says Her Hit Song Shane Top Agavle Represents Girl’s Point Of View
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Williamson, Stokes gain in ODI rankings; Kohli-Bumrah maintain top spots
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- News ISRO has launched several satellites using GSLV variants
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Finance Ways To Tide Over Month-End Financial Crisis Situation
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Land Rover has just added a new 400 Horse-Power Ingenium straight six petrol engine to their fleet in international markets. The engine was first introduced over the Range Rover Sport in the United Kingdom. The new turbo-charged Ingenium engines will replace the current Ford sourced supercharged V6 that features on the Jaguar and Land Rover fleets.
According to AutoCar India, The new Ingenium engine uses an electronic version of the supercharger to provide an instant throttle response before the twin turbo chargers kick in. It also use a 48V mild hybrid system that boosts fuel economy by supplying torque to reduce the engine workload. The engine produce 400bhp of power and 500Nm of torque, allowing the SUV to do 0-100 kilometers per hour in 5.9 seconds. It also allows for a top speed of 225 kilometers per hour.
The Land Rover Range Rover fleet has been given new features that include a smartphone pack featuring Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, the ability to dim individual headlights that could reflect back from signposts, and a 'Tourist Mode' the adjusts the headlight beam to the side of the road one is driving on.
There is no official confirmation if the engine will be featured on the India spec Range Rover. The Range Rover is available in 3.0 and 4.4-litre diesel variants and 3.0 and 5.0-litre petrol variants in India. The vehicle is available in a total of 10 variants and a massive 33 colours. Prices range from Rs 1.81 crore and Rs 4.04 crore, ex-showroom (India).
We expect the the new Ingenium engine for the Range Rover should arrive in India at some point. We will keep you apprised of developments and news about this new Ingenium engine.
Thoughts About The Ingenium Engine
Wow! 400 Horses is way too much to have for an SUV, even if the SUV sports a Land Rover badge. Having said that, what a beauty of an engine! It sounds powerful, feels powerful (from the pictures) and will make the SUV one of the heavyweights in the segment. Land Rover always seems to upgrade engines first. We have driven the Jaguar Portfolio 2.0D that features am Ingenium engine and we can tell you that the experience has been brilliant. We can't wait to test this beast out though!