- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Land Rover has announced the introduction of the locally-assembled Range Rover Velar in the country. The locally-assembled Range Rover Velar is priced at Rs 72.47 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the locally assembled Range Rover Velar is now open in all dealerships across the country.
The locally-assembled Range Rover Velar is available in both petrol and diesel options. While bookings for the luxury SUV has begun, Land Rover has announced that deliveries will start from May 2019.
Rohit Suri, President & MD, JLR, stated:
"We continue to focus on providing the best of British design, luxury and technology at highly competitive prices and we are sure that local manufacturing of the Range Rover Velar will make it even more desirable. This also reaffirms our commitment to the Indian market and to our customers."
The Range Rover Velar also comes with a host of features and equipment: Touch-Pro Duo, Wi-Fi and Pro Services, Activity Key, 380W Meridian Sound System, Four-Zone Climate Control, Cabin Air Ionisation, 20-inch Alloy Wheels, Full-Size Spare Wheel, Adaptive Dynamics, Premium LED Headlamps, LED DRLs, Park Assist and R-Dynamic Exterior Pack; among others.
The Range Rover Velar is available with the option of two powertrains: a 2.0-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel units; both of which are Ingenium engines. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine produces 244bhp and 365Nm of torque. The 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel, on the other hand, churns out 177bhp and 430Nm of peak torque. Both engines are further mated to a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox.
We got a chance to test drive the Range Rover Velar recently and came out completely impressed with the vehicle — read our detailed review of the Range Rover Velar here.
Thoughts On The Locally-Assembled Range Rover Velar
The Land Rover range in India consists of six models, which includes the entry-level Discovery Sport priced at Rs 44.68 lakh, to the top-of-the-range Range Rover priced at Rs 1.81 crore. All prices are ex-showroom (India). The Range Rover Velar is one of the more premium offerings in the product range and is now more affordable thanks to its local assembly in the country.