- Travel Haryana's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Top 5 Banks Promising Returns Up To 7.30% On Fixed Deposits of 2-3 Years
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Says She Gets Appalled When Critics Try To Give Her Career Choices In Film Reviews
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: India vs Pakistan: Legends pick their X-factors for India ahead of mother of all battles
- News China vows no compromise or concessions on Taiwan after US Prez Biden comments
- Technology PUBG: New State Gets Official Launch Date: Coming To Android And iOS Devices From Day One
- Education NEET MDS 2022 Exam Postponed, Check Revised Schedule Here
- Lifestyle Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021: Tahira Kashyap Khurrana Gives A Reminder Of Self-love
Mangalore residents can now track the location of public transport buses through the all-new 'Chalo' smartphone app. Frequent users of Mangalore's road transport services can now know the arrival time of a bus, track its location and find the nearest stop to board it; all in the convenience of a well-designed UI.
'Chalo' was developed by Zophop Technologies Private Limited, with inputs and support from Dakshina Kannada Bus Operators Association. Dilrah Alva, president of the association, told that 320 buses have been equipped with GPS. The app only shows data of private-owned buses even though government buses could make use of it in the future.
'Chalo' integrates all private buses in the city into a live-tracking hub and features a journey planner tool and even an SOS system. You can also check out the cheapest and fastest trips available.
By downloading Mangalore's first-of-its-kind public transport app, users need not wait unnecessarily at their nearest bus stops, but can comfortably sit at home knowing when the bus will come. The app has already proved to be a success among working individuals who depend on transport services by both government and private departments.
Sasikanth Senthil S, District Deputy Commissioner of Mangalore stated, "The introduction of the (Chalo) app assumes significance as management of public transport by private players in Mangalore is one of the most discussed topics. Chalo will bring transparency in the issue of tickets and help maintain a healthy relationship between passengers and bus operators."
He also suggested that a rating system (similar to that in various e-commerce services) should be added in 'Chalo' so that passengers can identify the good or the bad and give helpful feedback. This will improve the morale of bus drivers and conductors.
Thoughts On 'Chalo'
'Chalo' is available in over 16 major Indian cities and is expanding to more locations with the inclusion of the respective native language. It was in Beta or trial mode for the past few weeks and Zophop Technologies made it live only recently. It is currently available only on Google Play and could reach Apple devices if demand arises.