- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 17 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 18 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 19 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Car Wraps have been around for a long time and people continue to wrap their cars in various colours, designs and attractive graphics. Car wrapping has opened up the automotive world to a plethora of aesthetic customisation options, however, it has also opened doors for some mistakes as has been proven by this particular case in Germany.
A 31-year-old man in Germany is in trouble after the german police seized his car for being too bright and gleamy in nature. The car in question is a Porsche Panamera with a bright golden wrap.
The car attracted so much attention that the police stopped him and asked him to remove the wrap. However, the owner of the car never removed the wrap and kept using the car. It wasn't a long time before the Porsche Panamera garnered attention from the cops again.
This time though the cops were a less lenient. According to reports, this time, the police seized the car and confiscated its license plate. The car was towed away and the owner was fined. The police informed the person that he could drive the car again only once the wrap has been removed.
That in itself will act as another fine to the owner of the person as the wrap in that colour was expensive. Wrapping a car as large as the Porsche Panamera in that colour could cost as much $5,566 (Rs 3.8 lakh) and removing it just because the police asked him to, should hurt.
Thoughts On Porsche Panamera Seized Because Of Gold Chrome Wrap
Car wraps have been around for ages now, but authorities were always lenient with it. Now though, the German Police have begun confronting such modifications. We aren't sure if the police will crackdown on all car wraps or just on the bright, reflective colours.
In India, the scene isn't very different. People have been wrapping their cars in all sorts of shades and designs. This however is illegal if the colour of the car is changed.
The registration certificate of every car specifies its original colour and if this colour has to be changed, the owner of the car will have to take permission from the RTO and get it changed in the registration certificate as well once the car has been painted or wrapped with the new colour.
The police in India have not started cracking down on wraps, but if they do, the wraps will have to be removed.
Image Source: Welt