- 9 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 10 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Answers Whether His Son Ibrahim Ali Khan Will Enter Bollywood Soon; Read Up!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Technology How To Get Exclusive Access To ZEE5 Theatre From Vodafone Idea
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Porsche is all set to bring in the latest-generation 911 to the Indian market. The eighth-generation Porsche 911 was showcased at the LA Auto Show in November last year. The all-new Porsche 992 911 is said to go on sale in India from the 11th April 2019.
The new Porsche 911 carries forward the same silhouette, which has now become distinctive of the 911 range. However, the new Porsche 911 comes with a number of technological and performance updates over the previous generation models. This includes heavily revised versions of the six-cylinder petrol engine offerings as well.
The new Porsche 911 comes with a completely re-engineered platform, using more aluminium at the rear for better weight distribution. The re-engineered chassis now allows the Carrera and Carrera S to come with rear wheel steering for the first time; improving handling and high-speed stability.
The new Porsche 911 range is also wider than the previous generation model. The rear section offer wider wheel housing for its 21-inch wheels. The front is also 45mm wider than the previous models and comes with 20-inch wheels. Porsche has also offered the new 911 with a larger rear wing as well. This gives the new generation 911 models a more muscular and sporty appeal than other previous models.
Its not only the exterior though, Porsche also offers the interiors of the 911 range with substantial amount of updates. The dashboard on the 2019 Porsche 911 has been inspired from the 1970s model. Porsche 911 now comes with a multi-function steering wheel, 10.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system and Porsche Connect Plus; along with a newly designed gear lever and electronic handbrake. The new-gen Porsche 911 replaces the analogue instrument cluster with a fully-digital cluster, with the rev meter at the centre.
Porsche will first introduce the Carrera S and Carrera 4S line in the Indian market. Both models in the 911 range will be powered by a 3.0-litre flat-six turbo-petrol engine producing 444bhp; this is 30bhp more than on previous generation model. The 0 - 100km/h sprint is 3.7 seconds on the Carrera S while the Carrera 4S takes 3.6 seconds. Top speed on the 911 Carrera S is 308km/h and 306km/h on the 911 Carrera 4S.
Thoughts On The 2019 Porsche 911 India Launch Details
The eighth generation Porsche 911 was globally unveiled at the 2018 LA Auto Show in November last year. Once launched in India, the new Porsche 911 will rival the likes of the Nissan GT-R, Audi R8 and Mercedes-AMG GT and is expected to be priced around Rs 1.6 - 1.8 crore, ex-showroom.