- 4 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 6 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 11 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 25 Lakh Question That Stumped Pankaj Kumar Singh On Amitabh Bachchan’s Show?
- News Love and Narcotic Jihad: Religious leaders in Kerala call for steps to strengthen secular fabric
- Finance 2 Major Reasons Why Nifty Metal Sank 7% Today
- Sports England pulls out of Pakistan tour just days after New Zealand abandon series
- Technology Realme V11s With Dimensity 810 SoC Surfaces Online; A New Mid-Ranger?
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Lifestyle Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
A Porsche 911 GT2 RS has just set the fastest lap time at the Buddh International Circuit. This is a triumphant feat for Porsche as one of its cars has taken the lap record for the second time in just four months.
The previous record was set by a 911 GT3 back in November 2018, and now it has been taken by a 911 GT2 RS and both cars were driven by driving ace Narain Karthikeyan. The Buddh International Circuit is India's premier racing circuit that hosts several international racing series and events.
The racetrack was praised by several Formula One drivers after the first F1 race on the 5.14km-long track was held in 2011. Having a lap record at the circuit is extremely prestigious and Porsche India has now done it twice in a row.
On 19 March 2019, Porsche India put Narain Karthikeyan in a Porsche 911 GT2 RS and the result at the end of the day was a new lap record for the fastest street-legal car around the BIC. Narain's previous record in the 911 GT3 was timed at 2 minutes and 07.629 seconds.
The 911 GT2 RS bettered it by 07.363 seconds, clocking a brilliant time of 2 minutes and 00.266 seconds. The record was certified by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) which is India's highest authority when it comes to Motorsport.
Pavan Shetty, Director of Porsche India was quoted as saying, "This record establishes Porsche as the fastest automobile brand in India. In a matter of months, Porsche 911s have now broken the lap record twice at the Buddh International Circuit. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Narain on a job well done as this was a true showcase of Porsche's ability to manufacture highly emotional sports cars that are at home on the race track."
The Porsche 911 GT2 RS is powered by a 3.8-litre, biturbo, six-cylinder boxer engine with a maximum power output of 700bhp and a peak torque output of 750Nm. The rear-wheel is driven via Porsche's patented Porsche DoppelKupplung (PDK) seven-speed gearbox. The performance machine features the signature 911-series design traits but with enhanced aerodynamic bits and a large rear wing.
Thoughts On Porsche 911 GT2 RS Becoming The Fastest Street-Legal Car Around The BIC
The Porsche 911 has always been one of the best performance cars in the world. Over the years, several racetrack-inclined variants have been produced by the German manufacturer. The GT2 RS is currently the most track-focused 911 in production and the results show in the lap times.
Would this record be broken soon? Well, only time can tell which street-legal car would clock a time of under 2 minutes.