- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 22 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 23 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports ICC Rankings: Rohit Sharma jumps to career-best eighth; R Ashwin climbs to third after heroics in Ahmedabad
- News Rahul Gandhi dubs PM Modi a ''formidable enemy,'' vows to defeat him
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Geetha Bharathi Bhat, Raghu Gowda, RJ Rajesh & Others In The Confirmed Contestants List
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
A Porsche 911 GT2 RS has just set the fastest lap time at the Buddh International Circuit. This is a triumphant feat for Porsche as one of its cars has taken the lap record for the second time in just four months.
The previous record was set by a 911 GT3 back in November 2018, and now it has been taken by a 911 GT2 RS and both cars were driven by driving ace Narain Karthikeyan. The Buddh International Circuit is India's premier racing circuit that hosts several international racing series and events.
The racetrack was praised by several Formula One drivers after the first F1 race on the 5.14km-long track was held in 2011. Having a lap record at the circuit is extremely prestigious and Porsche India has now done it twice in a row.
On 19 March 2019, Porsche India put Narain Karthikeyan in a Porsche 911 GT2 RS and the result at the end of the day was a new lap record for the fastest street-legal car around the BIC. Narain's previous record in the 911 GT3 was timed at 2 minutes and 07.629 seconds.
The 911 GT2 RS bettered it by 07.363 seconds, clocking a brilliant time of 2 minutes and 00.266 seconds. The record was certified by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) which is India's highest authority when it comes to Motorsport.
Pavan Shetty, Director of Porsche India was quoted as saying, "This record establishes Porsche as the fastest automobile brand in India. In a matter of months, Porsche 911s have now broken the lap record twice at the Buddh International Circuit. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Narain on a job well done as this was a true showcase of Porsche's ability to manufacture highly emotional sports cars that are at home on the race track."
The Porsche 911 GT2 RS is powered by a 3.8-litre, biturbo, six-cylinder boxer engine with a maximum power output of 700bhp and a peak torque output of 750Nm. The rear-wheel is driven via Porsche's patented Porsche DoppelKupplung (PDK) seven-speed gearbox. The performance machine features the signature 911-series design traits but with enhanced aerodynamic bits and a large rear wing.
Thoughts On Porsche 911 GT2 RS Becoming The Fastest Street-Legal Car Around The BIC
The Porsche 911 has always been one of the best performance cars in the world. Over the years, several racetrack-inclined variants have been produced by the German manufacturer. The GT2 RS is currently the most track-focused 911 in production and the results show in the lap times.
Would this record be broken soon? Well, only time can tell which street-legal car would clock a time of under 2 minutes.