- 25 min ago New Audi Q3 India Launch Confirmed: Expected To Arrive By Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 3 hrs ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 4 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- Movies Shashank Vyas Regrets Not Being In Touch With Late Actress Pratyusha Banerjee During Her Last Days
- Technology Nebula Launches Mars II Smart Portable Projector In India for Rs. 51,999
- News Rituals of Mahasaptami, significance of 'Nabapatrika' worship
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Lifestyle Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- Sports Matuidi never considered leaving Juventus
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group, recently took to Twitter to post photos and videos of His Holiness Pope Francis travelling in his company car. He tweeted out photos and a video, showcasing the Pope traveling at the back of a Mahindra KUV100 in Mozambique, Africa.
Mr Mahindra stated in the Twitter post, that it was a proud moment for the company to see His Holiness Pope Francis on a Mahindra KUV100. He further added that his company's distributor in Mozambique, Maputo got the KUV100 arranged for the Pope's Feed the Project. It was a day of great privilege and honor for Mahindra.
Mr Mahindra's followed this up with another tweet saying his company's vehicle was used in the past on a similar occasion. The Pope had used a Mahindra car back in 1964, during his visit to India for the Eucharistic Congress.
Back then, the Pope was driven around in an open-top UV from Mahindra as well. He further mentioned that the vehicle today is showcased with pride at the company's auto museum in Kandivali.
The KUV100 is currently manufactured at the company's Chakan plant in Maharashtra, and is currently sold in different countries across the world. The KUV100 is currently offered with either a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 82bhp or a 1.2-litre turbo-diesel engine producing 77bhp. Both engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Anand Mahindra is quite active on social media, and loves to engage with his fans by posting inspirational content. Mr Mahindra earlier had responded to a letter written by a 11-year-old through a tweet. Mahika Mishra wrote about noise pollution by unnecessary honking in traffic on Indian roads.
He posted a tweet saying "At the end of a tiring day, when you see something like this in the mail..the weariness vanishes...I know I'm working for people like her, who want a better - and quieter world!"
The tweet has gained much appreciation from the fans and environmentalists. Mr Mahindra is showing the younger generation, the rightful use of social platform with his influential posts across his social media handles.
Thoughts About The KUV100 Seating Pope Francis In Mozambique
Mahindra Group adds yet another achievement to its accolades. The company has added various achievement badges in the past including the Mahindra two-wheeler race wins in Moto3 class. The company is also competing in Formula E world stage along with the BMW, Audi and other global automotive manufacturers. It is a proud moment for every Indian Indeed.