- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
A politician from Haryana is in the news for saying that authorities issuing challan is a problem and that he will stop it if elected. The politician named Dudaram Bishnoi, a BJP candidate is running for the assembly polls and made the statement while canvassing for votes.
It is no secret that Indian politicians can go to any length to get the votes that they require. During the period before the elections, almost every politician makes promises that would be impossible to keep.
The assembly elections in Haryana is happening soon and this candidate's promise is one of those examples. It was only in September that the central government implemented the new Motor Vehicle Act rules.
The new rules enforced hefty fines of up to ten times the previous fine amount. A large percentage of Indian motorists were annoyed with the new rule. As a result of this, conflicts between the police and motorists grew.
Recently, a police inspector was forced to issue a challan to himself for not wearing a helmet. More such incidents were reported throughout the country. A few state governments even backed out of the new laws and reduced the hefty fines.
Well, it seems this politician is banking on the current hostile situation and is therefore promising relief from the fines. In the video, Dudaram Bishnoi is seen saying he will stop small problems such as drugs abuse, education, authorities who challan motorcycles, etc.
Interestingly, the one who brought about the new laws is a fellow member of BJP. Nitin Gadkari, the union minister initiated the implementation of the laws to help reduce the number of accidents on the roads. The new rules do seem to be working perfectly.
The Bangalore Traffic Police recently announced that traffic rule violations dropped by 30 percent and the total amount of fines collected increased by 21 percent. Similar reports have been found in different cities across the country.
Thoughts On Politician Promising To Stop Traffic Fines If Elected As MLA
Being a member of the very same party that brought the new rules into legislation, Dudaram Bishnoi too should have stood by it. He should have ideally stood by it, keeping road safety in mind. However, he promised to stop the collection of fines, just so he could get more votes. Of course, it is an empty promise as he can not stop the implementation of the law.