- 14 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu mocks exit polls, says most have gone wrong since 1999
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Movies Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shines Bright In A Metallic Yellow Gown On The Red Carpet!
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi Ups Her Cannes 2019 Fashion Closet With A Statement Floral Jumpsuit
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Polestar, the former performance brand of the Volvo has revealed its second car in the form of the Tesla Model 3-rivalling Polestar 2. The new Polestar 2 will make its first public appearance at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show next week and is available to pre-order now.
Prices for the all-new Polestar 2 start at €39,900 (Rs 32.19 lakhs). However, the all-new Polestar 2 will first be seen in 'Launch Edition' guise in 2020 which will cost a rather hefty €59,900 (Rs 48.35 lakhs). Polestar will also allow customers to avail the 2 fastback sedan via a monthly subscription scheme that includes the car, insurance, roadside assistance and maintenance.
When the Polestar 2 hits the roads in 2020, it will be powered by two electric motors that combine together to crank out 396bhp and 660Nm of torque. Polestar claims that the 2 will do the 0-100km/h sprint in under five seconds. The dual electric motors of the Polestar 2 will be connected to a 78kWh battery pack with which Polestar is targetting an all-electric range of 500 kilometres.
Customers can opt for the performance pack which adds Brembo brakes, Ohlins dampers and large 20-inch forged alloy wheels along with gold seat belts, brake callipers and valve caps to the Polestar 2.
The Polestar 2 sits on Volvo's all-electric CMA platform that was unveiled in 2017. Along with the Volvo underpinnings, there are also quite a few hints of Volvo's design language in the new Polestar 2's styling. Chief among these borrowed Volvo design elements are the Thor's Hammer LED headlights.
Other cool design elements include the large LED taillights that stretch across the rear of the 5-door fastback along with Polestar's now-signature frameless side mirrors and the unique illuminated logo of the carmaker, which is reflected onto the car's panoramic glass roof.
The Polestar 2 comes packed with a host of features including a 'vegan interior' draped with 'progressive textiles' which the carmaker claims will appeal to the 'the forward-thinking audience who will subscribe to Polestar 2.'
Other features include the Infotainment setup which is powered by Android and offers customers access to the Google Play Store and Maps. Other quirky features include the ability to use one's phone as the key for the car. The Polestar 2 detects its owner's phone and opens the door as soon as it senses the owner step close to the car.