- 23 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 34 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Movies Akshaye Khanna On Marriage: I’m Not Cut Out For Sharing My Life With A Partner Or Kids
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Pininfarina has showcased two new cars at the ongoing Shanghai Auto Show 2019. Both cars feature the legendary Pininfarina design and eco-friendly drivetrain. The first car is the Karma Pininfarina GT and the second one is a concept by Grove Hydrogen Automotive.
Karma Pininfarina GT
The Karma Pininfarina GT is an all-electric GT car developed by Pininfarina in partnership with Karma Automotive. It is based on the 2020 Karma Revero luxury electric sedan, but has been reworked completely.
The Karma Revero is a four-door saloon and hence the entire aluminium bodywork had to be reworked in order to get it to the two-door GT state it is in right now. It features a completely new design by Pininfarina that stands out among the current crop of premium electric cars.
The design is bold and sleek, intimidating and soft at the same time. Up front is an aggressive grille and air dam integrated into the split bumer design. Right above them are the LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs.
There are subtle creases on the bonnet and it becomes more muscular towards the flared wheel arches. The sleek design traits are carried over to the side profile as well. At the side is a typical coupe design.
The large door comes with flush door handles so that nothing hinders the near-perfect Pininfarina design. It rides on extremely stylish alloy wheels shod with low-profile tyres. Since it is a coupe, the contrasting gloss-black roof flows down into the boot at the rear.
The taillights have a unique design and comes with a split configuration as well. The interiors are elegant and uber-cool. Pininfarina has used white and off-white leather trim with burgundy piping as edges. The seats are quilted and comes with satin and velvet touches. Pininfarina is Italian and the Italian flag on the headrests makes sure you know that. No technical details of the Karma Pininfarina GT have been revealed yet.
Grove Hydrogen Automotive Concept
Grove Hydrogen Automotive is the world's first all Hydrogen Fuel Cell Powered Mass Production Company. The company itself was launched at the Shanghai Auto Show and it aims to mass-produce only Hydrogen-fueled vehicles.
The concept car showcased by Pininfarina is Grove's first car and it is expected to be put into production soon. The Grove Hydrogen Automotive Concept car was designed by Pininfarina's Chinese team - Pininfarina Shanghai.
Pininfarina Shanghai has been working on this concept for a while now, but the company has also begun work on the upcoming Grove models which will debut over the next few years. According to Grove, fuel-cell technology combined with Carbon Fibre and Composite technology maximises the benefit of Hydrogen. Grove cars are claimed to be the most technologically advanced cars ever.
Thoughts On Karma Pininfarina GT And Grove Hydrogen Concept Car
Pininfarina is probably the most haloed automotive design house in the history of automobiles, and it has been that way for a long time now. Pininfarina was earlier known to have designed a lot of petrol-guzzling, fire-breathing performance cars.
But in recent times, Pininfarina has shifted to developing eco-friendly electric cars. It was just a month ago that Pininfarina revealed the Battista - a mentalist electric hypercar that pushes out over 1,873bhp and 2,300Nm. Now, the revealing of the Karma Pininfarina GT and the Grove Hydrogen Concept Car is more evidence of where Pininfarina is headed to.