- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Facelift To Get Four Airbags, Sunroof & New Petrol Engine
- 2 hrs ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk Launched In India — Priced At Rs 26.8 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago CF Moto Readies Four Motorcycles For July 2019 Launch — The Chinese Invasion
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos’ Specifications, Dimensions & Other Details Revealed
- News Head constable of RAC shoots himself outside Finance Ministry
- Technology Honor 30 Lite Leak: Quad-Rear Cameras, Kirin 810 SoC And More
- Movies 10 Years Since We Lost Michael Jackson; Few Shocking Details From The Day Of King Of Pop's Death
- Finance Indigo Flat Rs. 2000 Cashback Offer: Know Details
- Lifestyle Carrots: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks & Recipes
- Sports Dutch MotoGP is a race you do not want to miss!
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
FASTags have now been made available for purchase online via Amazon. NHAI Fastags can now be purchased through online retail giant Amazon. This time, it is a DIY process that has to be followed in order to activate the FASTag.
The buyer has to first purchase it from Amazon and then it can be activated by entering customer and vehicle details in the MY FASTag smartphone app. FASTag was introduced a few years ago with the aim of making highway driving fast and less stressful.
It achieved this by creating a separate lane for FASTag users at all toll gates across the country. The FASTag mission was successful to an extent, and people who frequently used highways ended up purchasing FASTags as it saved time and fuel for them.
FASTag was initially introduced through tie-ups with a particular bank. It sometimes required the user to create an account with one of the 22 banks that issued FASTags at toll plazas and select bank branches.
Now with this one, it can be purchased on Amazon and it is a bank-neutral FASTag, which means that it can be linked with an existing account in any one of the seven certified banks — SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, IndusInd Bank, Paytm Payments Bank and Equitas Small Finance Bank.
As mentioned earlier, FASTags are also being sold by 22 banks at select branches and toll plazas, but the difference is that these cannot be linked to a bank of the buyer's choice.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways was quoted as saying, "The online availability of NHAI FASTag by IHMCL will eventually help enhanced adoption of FASTag programme by increasing user convenience and offering seamless digital payments of toll and thereby saving time, money and fuel."
Thoughts On FASTags For Online Purchase On Amazon
FASTags are a brilliant idea for those who frequently use highways. It still remains helpful even if one does not use highways as often because the user can save a lot of time at crowded toll plazas. Now, the facility of getting FASTag delivered to one's doorstep through Amazon has just made things more convenient for users.