- 9 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports MS Dhoni New Beard Look in IPL 2020: Dhoni sports new beard but retains old magic, grabs two superb catches
- Movies Manoj Bajpayee And Others Help Out Vicky Donor Actor Bhupesh Pandya For Lung Cancer Treatment
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- News Opposition parties question setting up of PM CARES Fund, allege it lacks transparency
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
FASTags have now been made available for purchase online via Amazon. NHAI Fastags can now be purchased through online retail giant Amazon. This time, it is a DIY process that has to be followed in order to activate the FASTag.
The buyer has to first purchase it from Amazon and then it can be activated by entering customer and vehicle details in the MY FASTag smartphone app. FASTag was introduced a few years ago with the aim of making highway driving fast and less stressful.
It achieved this by creating a separate lane for FASTag users at all toll gates across the country. The FASTag mission was successful to an extent, and people who frequently used highways ended up purchasing FASTags as it saved time and fuel for them.
FASTag was initially introduced through tie-ups with a particular bank. It sometimes required the user to create an account with one of the 22 banks that issued FASTags at toll plazas and select bank branches.
Now with this one, it can be purchased on Amazon and it is a bank-neutral FASTag, which means that it can be linked with an existing account in any one of the seven certified banks — SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, IndusInd Bank, Paytm Payments Bank and Equitas Small Finance Bank.
As mentioned earlier, FASTags are also being sold by 22 banks at select branches and toll plazas, but the difference is that these cannot be linked to a bank of the buyer's choice.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways was quoted as saying, "The online availability of NHAI FASTag by IHMCL will eventually help enhanced adoption of FASTag programme by increasing user convenience and offering seamless digital payments of toll and thereby saving time, money and fuel."
Thoughts On FASTags For Online Purchase On Amazon
FASTags are a brilliant idea for those who frequently use highways. It still remains helpful even if one does not use highways as often because the user can save a lot of time at crowded toll plazas. Now, the facility of getting FASTag delivered to one's doorstep through Amazon has just made things more convenient for users.