- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- News CAA: On alleged police atrocities, SC says won’t hear matter in atmosphere of riots
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Ola, India's taxi service has introduced a new self drive option in Bangalore. Called the 'Ola Drive' will cater to customers looking to hire cars for self use without a driver.
The company has initially rolled out the service for users in Bengaluru, with plans to introduce in Hyderabad, Mumbai, and New Delhi soon. Ola aims to add a fleet of 20,000 cars by 2020, which will be 50 per cent more than the fleet size of the entire industry.
Ola service is currently used by 200 million subscribers in the country, making it the largest user base for a car-sharing platform. Ola aims to enhance the user experience for self-driven car rental industry in India, by enabling users to design their own package.
Ola Drive will enable the users to customise and choose a package to suit their requirements. The user can choose from the number of kilometers, duration for hire and fuel inclusion. The company claims with a highly customisable service offered, the users can save up to 30 percent more than compared to the other self-drive rental providers in the country.
Arun Srinivas, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at Ola, said,
"We are very excited to launch the Ola Drive category to consumers, a big step towards building a holistic shared mobility landscape in India. India's car-sharing market has immense potential and opportunity, which is yet to see a large scale investment in technology and operations to make the model viable. Ola has been deep-rooted in India's mobility landscape, building technology enabled transportation solutions for millions of users."
"Our expertise in serving millions of customers through a large fleet of vehicles across 250 plus cities has been instrumental in making ride-hailing a norm in India. Ola Drive has been built on the same DNA and will play a transformative role in defining India's car-sharing market in the next decade." he added,
Arun further added, "In the first phase of its roll-out, Ola Drive will be offered as a short-term self-drive car-sharing service as we look to introduce long-term subscription, corporate leasing, and more options in the times to come."
The company has confirmed that all cars offered under the self-drive service will be equipped with a 7 inch touchscreen infotainment that features Ola's connected car platform ‘Ola Play'. The cars will also include GPS, media playback, and Bluetooth connectivity as well.
Other features on the self-drive platform also include 24/7 helpline, real-time tracking, and an emergency button to which prompts Ola's dedicated safety response team for immediate support. The user experience is further enhanced with the company offering road-side assistance included in the service.
Thoughts About The Ola Self Drive Service Introduced
Ola has ensured to offer a complete solution to the users with the inclusion of entertainment and safety services as well. With all the self-drive rental service that is currently available in the country, the company aims to come on top by offering a tailor-made package to the users.