- 19 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 37 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 40 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Movies Pailwaan Revised Release Date Afloat On Internet; Here's When The Sudeep Starrer Will Grace Theatres
- Sports England cricketers to sport names, numbers on Test jerseys: This is how Twitterati react to change in tradition
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
The Nissan Leaf has been on sale in the international market for quite a while now. India will get the second-generation Leaf EV hatchback. The launch of the Leaf EV will be part of Nissan's Intelligent Mobility Initiative.
The Japanese carmaker had confirmed that they would introduce the EV in the Indian market. Now, the company has further confirmed that they will bring in the Leaf this year. Although, the exact launch date of the Nissan Leaf EV is yet to be announced.
The Nissan Leaf has been spotted testing in the Indian market on multiple occasions. The car has been undergoing test runs in the country, ahead of its launch. The Nissan Leaf will be brought into the country as a Completely Built Unit (CBU) from Japan. However, the company is looking to localise the assembly process of Leaf EV at a later stage.
The Nissan Leaf is currently one of the most popular EVs in the world. The Nissan Leaf EV, in 2018 alone, registered a sales growth of 94 per cent. The Leaf EV uses a 40kWh battery and has a maximum range of 400km on a single charge.
Nissan will provide the Leaf with both; a standard and fast-charging port. The standard charging port will take up to 8 to 16 hours for a complete charge. The fast-charging option, however, will be able to charge the Leaf EV up to 80 per cent in just 40 minutes. The 40kWh battery on the Nissan Leaf will offer a power output of around 148bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
Nissan India just launched the Kicks SUV in the Indian market. The Nissan Kicks SUV comes with a starting price of Rs 9.55 lakh, ex-showroom (India) with deliveries having commenced. The Nissan Kicks SUV can be booked at dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 25,000. We have already driven the Kicks SUV - read our detailed review here.
Thoughts On The Nissan Leaf EV India Launch
The Nissan Leaf will be one of the first EV in the Indian market. Although, the Leaf once launched in India will come with a steep price tag of around Rs 30 lakh, ex-showroom. However, with Nissan trying to localise assembly, we can expect a slight drop in prices later. Apart from Nissan, Maruti and Honda are also looking into introducing EVs in the Indian market, with the electric Wagon R and the Jazz sometime in 2020.