- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News BJP govt times surgical strikes with elections: Congress' Akhilesh Singh
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks Don Bradman's 71-year-old record; Umesh Yadav scores fastest Test 30
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Nissan India has confirmed the launch of its popular Leaf EV hatchback in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch in the country, Nissan has showcased the Leaf SUV in Bangalore, during the semi-finals of the ICC World Cup 2019, between India and New Zealand.
However, Nissan has not only showcased the Leaf EV but also went ahead to use the electric vehicle to power the live stream of the semi-finals of the Cricket World Cup. In a first-of-its-kind event, Nissan is offering the people of Bangalore to experience the Leaf EV while watching the match.
Held at the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall Atrium in Bangalore, Nissan has set up a live stream of the India vs New Zealand match for the fans, powered by the battery on the Leaf electric hatchback.
The screening of the match is through Nissan's unique Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) system. This allows the Leaf owners to charge their cars during night, then use the power to run their homes in peak demand periods. The V2H system also allows the Nissan Leaf to share power between other electric vehicles, homes buildings and power grids.
The Nissan Leaf is one of the best-selling electric vehicles in the world. The Nissan Leaf comes powered by a 40kWh battery, which produces close to 148bhp and 320Nm of torque. The Nissan Leaf comes with both standard and fast-charging technology. The standard charging takes around 8 to 16 hours while the fast-charging technology allows up to 80 percent charge in just 40 minutes.
Nissan, the global partner of the ICC (International Cricket Council) has also showcased the Kicks SUV at the event. The Nissan Kicks SUV is the official car of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. The car was recently launched in the market and offers a stylish new design and comes with a host of features and equipment.
Thoughts On The Nissan Leaf Showcase In Bangalore
The Nissan Leaf will be the first electric product from the brand in the Indian market. It is scheduled to be launched in India sometime later this year. Once launched the Nissan Leaf EV will rival the likes of the Maruti Wagon R electric and the just launched Hyundai Kona EV in the Indian market.