- 21 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 22 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 38 min ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 2 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Wishes She Gets To Play A Superhero In An Avengers Style Movie!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 8: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News "Ready to quit happily": Kumaraswamy in an emotional speech in assembly
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Technology Asus ROG Phone II Launched – Other Gaming Smartphones That Might Face The Heat
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
Nissan India has confirmed the launch of its popular Leaf EV hatchback in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch in the country, Nissan has showcased the Leaf SUV in Bangalore, during the semi-finals of the ICC World Cup 2019, between India and New Zealand.
However, Nissan has not only showcased the Leaf EV but also went ahead to use the electric vehicle to power the live stream of the semi-finals of the Cricket World Cup. In a first-of-its-kind event, Nissan is offering the people of Bangalore to experience the Leaf EV while watching the match.
Held at the World Trade Centre, Orion Mall Atrium in Bangalore, Nissan has set up a live stream of the India vs New Zealand match for the fans, powered by the battery on the Leaf electric hatchback.
The screening of the match is through Nissan's unique Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) system. This allows the Leaf owners to charge their cars during night, then use the power to run their homes in peak demand periods. The V2H system also allows the Nissan Leaf to share power between other electric vehicles, homes buildings and power grids.
The Nissan Leaf is one of the best-selling electric vehicles in the world. The Nissan Leaf comes powered by a 40kWh battery, which produces close to 148bhp and 320Nm of torque. The Nissan Leaf comes with both standard and fast-charging technology. The standard charging takes around 8 to 16 hours while the fast-charging technology allows up to 80 percent charge in just 40 minutes.
Nissan, the global partner of the ICC (International Cricket Council) has also showcased the Kicks SUV at the event. The Nissan Kicks SUV is the official car of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. The car was recently launched in the market and offers a stylish new design and comes with a host of features and equipment.
Thoughts On The Nissan Leaf Showcase In Bangalore
The Nissan Leaf will be the first electric product from the brand in the Indian market. It is scheduled to be launched in India sometime later this year. Once launched the Nissan Leaf EV will rival the likes of the Maruti Wagon R electric and the just launched Hyundai Kona EV in the Indian market.