- 7 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 8 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Nissan India has launched their latest SUV offering, the Kicks SUV in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 9.55 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Bookings for the new Kicks SUV has commenced for an amount of Rs 25,000 across all dealerships in the country. The Nissan Kicks is available in four trims — XL, XV, XV Premium and XV Premium Plus. The top-spec XV Premium Plus will come with a price tag of Rs 14.65 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Here is the variant-wise pricing for the new Nissan Kicks SUV.
|Prices (All India)||Petrol||Diesel|
|XL||Rs 9,55,000||Rs 10,85,000 |
|XV||Rs 10,95,000||Rs 12,49,000 |
|XV Premium||N.A.||Rs 13,65,000 |
|XV Premium + ||N.A.||Rs 14,65,000 |
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (India)
The five-seater SUV from Nissan is already available in the international market, however, the Indian-spec Kicks SUV is very different in terms of larger overall dimensions and design. The Indian-spec Kicks is part of the Nissan-Renault B0 platform. This is the same platform which underpins the Renault Duster and the Nissan Terrano. We have already driven the Nissan Kicks, during the media drive event — here is our detailed review.
In terms of design, the Nissan Kicks features the signature V-shaped front grille, flanked on either side by sweptback headlamps with LED lights and DRL. The front bumper features a large air dam along with fog lamps. The side profile features a floating roof design, sharp creases and 17-inch machined alloy wheels. Moving to the rear, the Nissan Kicks comes with sweptback tail lights, a thick chrome strip above the number plate housing, raked windshield and a silver skid plate at the bottom.
All four variants of the new Kicks SUV will come with a host of features, along with a long equipment list. Some of the standard features include speed sensing auto door lock/unlock, rear view camera/ sensors, engine immobiliser, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist, hill start assist and seat-belt reminder among others.
Other features include an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, ECO mode, cruise control, follow-me-home headlamps, vehicle dynamic control and traction control.
The Nissan Kicks comes with two engine options: 1.5-litre H4K petrol and 1.5-litre K9K DCi diesel offerings. The four-cylinder 1.5-litre petrol produces 106bhp and 142Nm of torque. The 1.5-litre diesel, on the other hand, churns out 110bhp and 240Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox while the diesel engine comes mated to a six-speed transmission. There is currently no AMT gearbox on offer, however, it might be introduced at a later stage. Also, the diesel engine will be available across all four trims while the petrol unit will power just the two base variants (XL and XV).
The Nissan Kicks will further be available in eleven colour options, including four dual-tone paint schemes. These exterior paint schemes include Pearl White, Blade Silver, Bronze Grey, Amber Orange, Deep Blue Pearl, Night Shade, Fire Red, Pearl White/Amber Orange, Pearl White/Onyx Black, Bronze Grey/Amber Orange and Fire Red/Onyx Black.
Thoughts On The New Nissan Kicks India Launch
The Nissan Kicks is the first product launch from the brand in quite a while. The Kicks SUV hopes to be a game changer for the company in the Indian market. Placed in the highly competitive SUV segment, the Kicks will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and the upcoming Tata Harrier.