- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Cars with automatic transmission are in high demand at the moment, and manufacturers are doing everything they can to add AMTs to their existing line ups. Nissan is set to launch CVT automatic options for the Datsun GO and the GO+ variants, and also for the recently launched Kicks.
In an interview with Dainik Bhaskar, Mr Hardeep Singh Brar, Director - Sales and Commercial, Nissan India, said that the GO and GO+ will get CVT options before the festive season, while the Nissan Kicks will feature an automatic transmission closer to the end of the year.
Nissan launched facelift versions of the Datusun Go and the GO+ seven-seater MPV during the October of 2018. Both vehicles feature 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engines that produce 67bhp of power and 104Nm of torque. As is, the engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The company launched the Nissan Kicks in January this year. The SUV features a 1.5-litre petrol, and a 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 104bhp of power and 142Nm of torque. The diesel engine produces 108bhp of power and 240Nm of torque. The petrol engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission, and the diesel engine features a six-speed manual unit.
The addition of automatic transmissions to the cars will add more value to the overall package and will definitely increase sales considering that the GO twins will be launched during the festive season.
Nissan recently launched a new base variant, the XE, for the diesel version of the Kicks SUV. The base variant is priced at Rs 9.89 lakh (ex-showroom, India), and comes equipped with several creature comforts that will make it quite attractive.
As is, Nissan India has retailed over 3,000 units of the Kicks in India, while the Datsun GO and GO+ account for 3,988 and 3,450 units respectively. Average sales for all three cars are roughly between 300 and 350 units a month.
The Datsun GO retails between Rs 3.32 lakh and Rs 5.17 lakh, the GO+ between Rs 3.87 lakh and Rs 5.94 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom, India). We expect prices to go up for the automatic models, although by how much, remains to be seen.
Thoughts About The Addition Of Automatic Transmissions
India is slowly beginning to realize the importance and better still, the comfort automatic transmissions bring. We think all manufacturers will eventually launch automatic variants from the very beginning. And we agree, as far as driving in a city is concerned, automatics are the way.