- 36 min ago 2019 Mahindra Mojo ABS Images & Details Leaked Ahead Of Its Launch
- 17 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 17 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 17 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Not fair to blame de Kock for not going for DRS against Williamson; even Dhoni missed it vs Pakistan
- News IIT Kharagpur to introduce undergraduate research programme
- Movies Arjun Patiala Trailer: Kriti Sanon, Diljit Dosanjh & Varun Sharma Promise Some Madcap Fun!
- Technology Motorola One Vision Launch Live Update: Everything you need to know
- Finance Govt May Raise Tax Exemption Slab In Upcoming Budget To Improve Economy: Report
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The next-gen Nissan Sunny is well under development. According to media reports, Nissan has begun the on-road tests of the Nissan Sunny and spy pictures of the same were recently found on the internet.
The new Nissan Sunny will feature all-new styling and will be built on a new platform as well. The previous-gen Nissan Sunny was based on the same platform as the previous-gen Nissan Micra. The Japanese company would be following the same strategy with the new Nissan Sunny too.
The new Nissan Micra is based on the updated V platform, and the new Sunny too has been developed on the same platform. The next-gen Nissan Sunny will feature Nissan's new design language and that basically means, everything will be new.
The design is said to be based on the Nissan Lannia that is on sale in the Chinese market. However, the front and the rear will be worked upon and redesigned largely in order to align the car with the design standards in the global market.
Nissan's new design language means that we would get to see the V-shaped grille up front that we are now used to seeing on the Nissan Kicks. The grille will have a chrome outline and will blend with the bumpers and the sharply designed headlamps just like on most new Nissan models.
The previous-gen Nissan Sunny was longer than the Nissan Micra by around 630mm. That contrast is only expected to grow to 680mm with the new-gen Sunny and MIcra. The interiors of the Nissan Sunny will also be shared with other Nissan models such as the Micra and the Kicks. It makes more economic sense to share parts that already exist than to spend more on developing new parts.
The new Nissan Sunny is expected to be powered by the engines used in the Nissan Kicks. The 1,461cc diesel engine is good for 108bhp and 240Nm while the 1,498cc petrol engine puts out 104.55bhp and 142Nm.
Thoughts On New Nissan Sunny Details
The previous-generation Nissan Sunny was acclaimed for its spacious interior and the new-generation model is expected to build on those strengths. Competition in the segment though is now higher than ever before.
The new Nissan Sunny will compete with the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, and Hyundai Verna, not just in the Indian market but across several international markets too. How it performs against these well-established sedans is something that remains to be seen.