- 24 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to view hidden files on Android?
- News Modi set for first bilateral visit after election victory, likely to visit Maldives on June 7
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 17: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues Its Good Run
- Sports Emery had to convince Arsenal stars to care about Europa League
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
German auto giant Mercedes Benz will most likely launch the all new, heavily upgraded S-Class some time during 2020. Mercedes has already begun upgrading the next generation S-Class and if pictures are anything to go by, we're in for big changes. The current generation of the S-Class has been around for 5 years now.
Image Source: nbz_bh on Twitter
While the exteriors of the new S-Class will bear resemblance to the outgoing model, it will feature revised headlights with new LEDs, upgraded tail lights, and a rear bumper with faux exhaust tips, in addition to other smaller changes.
The interiors of the new Mercedes S-Class will receive updates too. The car will feature minimalist use of buttons and handcrafted materials, making the cabin a serene place to be in. The cab will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system positioned in a portrait orientation, and a re-designed multi-functional steering wheel. The touchscreen infotainment system is almost as large as the ones found on models sold by Tesla. The new Mercedes S-Class will also feature a new fully digital instrument cluster.
The German luxury carmaker will still use its IC engine to power the S-Class but the car may feature a combination of hybrid technology and emission lowering components. It will continue to offer top-of-the-line AMG spec variants and also a variety of hybrid power-trains across different trims.
The current Mercedes S-Class is available in India in 4 variants and 14 colours. There is the diesel variant — the Mercedes Benz S-Class S 350D that is powered by a 3-litre engine that produces 282bhp and 600Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission.
The other three variants available are petrol models. There is the Mercedes Benz S-Class S450 that is powered by a 3-litre engine that produces 362bhp of power and 500Nm of torque. This engine is mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission.
Then there is the Mercedes Benz S-Class Maybach S 560. This car features a 4-litre engine that produces 463bhp of power and 700Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission.
Finally, there is the Mercedes Benz S-Class Maybach S 650. This car features a 6-litre engine that produces 621bhp of power and 1000Nm of torque! The engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission.
Prices for the current fleet of Mercedes S-Class cars range from Rs 1.33 crore to Rs 2.8 crore, ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The Upgrades On The New Mercedes S-Class
About time. Mercedes has retailed the current models of the S-Class for 5 years now and they need an upgrade. Audi and BMW seem to be on top of the game with their A8 and 7-Series respectively. But we expect Mercedes to take the game to the next level.