- 7 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 8 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 13 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Honda Cars are expected to globally premiere the next-generation Jazz hatchback at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show; to be held in October this year. The new Honda Jazz 2019 will feature an all-new design along with a host of other features and updates over the current model.
*Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
The new Honda Jazz will now come with squarish headlamps with LED inserts and LED DRLs. The tail lights will feautre a wrap-around design, along with LED inserts as well. The next-generation Honda Jazz is said to borrow its design cues from the latest generation Accord and Amaze sedans, available in both India and international markets.
The Honda Jazz will continue to be under the 4m length (3990mm to be exact), which will allow it to qualify for the excise benefits in the Indian market. However, Honda is said to have increased the width on the upcoming Jazz to allow for better cabin space for the passengers.
The next-gen Honda Jazz is also expected to come powered by a new two-motor hybrid setup. This is similar to the hybrid system seen on the latest-generation Accord sedan. However, Honda will also offer the new Jazz hatchback with the conventional-powered 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine seen on most of the current international models.
In India, the Honda Jazz currently on sale is offered with both a petrol and diesel engine. This includes a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 89bhp and 110Nm of torque. The diesel unit, on the other hand, comes in the form of a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine churning out 99bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox while the top-spec petrol variant is offered with an automatic CVT transmission.
Honda is currently also said to be working on an all-electric hatchback for the Indian market. The new electric hatchback will be based on the Jazz model and is expected to be introduced in the market, sometime in 2020.
Thoughts On The Next-Gen Honda Jazz
The next-gen Honda Jazz will come with a completely updated design, some of it borrowed from the current gen Amaze and Accord offerings. Once showcased at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2019, we can expect it to come to the Indian market after its global launch in 2020.